Saturday, February 23, 2013

Weekend Happenings

Thursday and Friday brought in a cold nasty ice storm..but the kids stayed home from school and we played, snuggled, and such. My husband went to a Men's Conference (church) with some men from our church so we left Friday and got back today. I had a Dr.'s appointment to get established with a new doctor since I moved just moved here I got to get all that stuff started.

Thursday we had roast, rice, and green beans for supper. I treated the kids to pizza on Friday. My husband has a birthday today so we went to get his gift and favorite candy.  He has been wanting the Ralph Lauren Polo Cologne (my fav) for 5 years and it is so expensive but I splurged and bought it for him and along with candy and special cards from us all.

I had a minister's wives luncheon today.  All the surrounding churches Pastor's wives in our organization got together and had a beautiful time of lunch, laughter, and planning for the year. I am new to this group of ladies and it was my first event with this area.  It was nice. I felt a little out of place. I am the youngest Pastor's Wife and so it is a little awkward. But I am going to glean wisdom from all these great mentors I am sure.

Tonight I did laundry and fluffed our home for the weekend, Ironed all our church clothes, and just sat down to relax. 

We are having a surprise birthday party for my husband tomorrow after church so that is exciting.

Hope your weekend was full of joy...

Chrissy

2 comments:

  1. Chrissy,
    It's great to "see" you again! I am so glad you stopped by my blog and gave me your blog address :) I have only read this post so far, but I am going to grab a cup of coffee and get caught up.
    God Bless,
    Shellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you stopped by. I haven't got many post yet. Trying to get back in the groove. :)

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.