Saturday, March 16, 2013

My 1st Prayer Retreat....

I was ever so blessed by my mama to go on a prayer retreat. It was a wonderful experience. I read a lot of great devotional books, read the bible, and PRAYED. 

Part of a prayer retreat is listening. Communication is a Two Way street. You can't do all the talking, asking, and petitioning and not listen to His reply or leading of His spirit.

I planned to take pictures but I forgot my camera and I was quite upset. I did journal A LOT!!!!  I Cried A LOT!  I had some garbage that needed to be ministered to, repentance had to take place, and I had to forgive some people that had hurt me. I thought I had forgave but upon investigating my heart I realized that I hadn't. I had to make some phone calls and reconcile with some people.

I had a good experience.  The word SEEK and the messages, songs, and prayers that I felt and heard were all about Seeking God First.  In the hustle and bustle of moving, and adjusting I had some how put the Lord on a back burner. I mean I still loved him, I still praised him, I read, and prayed and did my Pastor Wife duties....but I wasn't deeply and actively Seeking Him.

Hope you all had a good week.

Chrissy


I am linking up to Spiritual Sundays.



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good/bad experience, but the good far outweighed the bad. I'm glad you found Spiritual Sundays and chose to share with us. I see you are a pastor's wife. I was one of those for almost 50 years. They were wonderful years. Certainly not all sweetness and light, but most was that. I wouldn't trade those years for anything.
    Blessings to you as you serve and live for Him.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful about your experience as a Pastor's Wife...oh how I wish I could have a cup of tea from you and glean wisdom.

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to go on a prayer retreat. It sounds like a wonderful experience! Do you mind if I ask where you went for your retreat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephani..it is so funny asked. I had found a private retreat that was suppose to be Christian Owned and very nice. But once I arrived after a 2 hours of drive it was none the sort and I was so upset. I left the place and ended up in a hotel for 2 nights. I was at the check in telling them my experience and the manager overheard and gave me the best Suite in the house for the price of a regular room. This was a very upscale hotel and so it was more than nice. I had to fight the tempations of not just relaxing in this suite. But I overcame and gained much soul searching. Next time I will have to research better. :)

      Delete
  3. We all need time away from "life" to search our hearts and allow God to speak. We hear Him so much more clearly without the noise of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been on a prayer retreat. I find that I hear God clearly when I go to my quiet spot, where no one can interrupt. Daily life busyness sometimes makes it so hard to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree. I believe that you have to have a daily quiet time. I am very glad for the retreat experience though. Blessiings.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.