Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bless Our Kitchen

The Kitchen is the center of our home. We tend to do most things here. Cooking, cleaning, catching mail, homeschooling, coversations, writing, praying, and praising the Lord with Praise music all goes on in our kitchen.  I could go on and on.  Making meals together, laughing, and even moments of tears have happened here. I pray while washing dishes, and I have my morning prayer time in here because it is the only place that will not disturb sleeping members of my family in the wee hours in the morning.
 
 
My husband is making homemade biscuits.  His speciality! We do these on nights that are slow and more relaxed so he has plenty of time to make them.
 
 This past weekend was my oldest boys 13th birthday. Hannah and I made him a chocolate cake. I let her make it mostly by herself and it was very yummy.


Kyle helping with Ethan's Birthday breakfast. Sausage, Cinnamon Rolls, and Eggs was the menu.


                                                      A Kitchen Prayer

                           Bless this kitchen, LORD, and those who gather here each day.
                                           Let it be a place where we can meet
                                                 to love and laugh and pray.
                                                            AMEN

This came off of a little plaque my sister gave me for Christmas one year.  I love it and treasure it. I also pray that this prayer is a truth for our kitchen as we gather here, cook here, love here, serve others by cooking meals for those in need, and preparing for events and such. Bless our kitchens Lord.

Blessings,
Mrs. Chrissy T

I am linking up to Share the Shelter at The Sheltering tree.

10 comments:

  1. Your kitchen sounds like mine--and even looks like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness!! I know Ethan felt so loved and blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...He did. He is a great kid. I am so thankful for him. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Hi again! The kitchen really is the hub of the home, isn't it? It's so much more than just meal preparation. Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed the pics and getting to share with you all .. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kitchen is such a great place to get together. Our family has had some great times and conversations in the kitchen! Many life's problems solved there too!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    Frances
    Notions from Nonny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I for sure have had so many problems solved in here. Thanks..you have a great day as well.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.