Thursday, April 4, 2013

Homeschool

We started back to homeschool after a long break. I am pretty nervous because I am by no means prepared. We had some major bumps in the road after moving and we put our children in the local public school and 2 months later we are bringing them home. I will treasure this experience because it has reminded me that our goals are far different than the world's standards and our calling to homeschool hasn't changed. 

We had a negative experience. My children have went to school before in a previous location and it was a good experience but we felt led to homeschool. This time it wasn't good and I am thankful because it has solidfied the questions that ponder in my mind when things aren't working....NO...School is not our answer.  Not in this location that is for sure.

So....here at our abode we are going to be working at putting together a daily plan, and lessons for the next couple of weeks.


Blessings,
Chrissy

3 comments:

  1. I was SO sad when I went to your blog a few months ago and it was gone. I didn't know how to contact you or find you and wondered what happened but I prayed all was well. I'm SO glad you dropped by today and left a comment and now I can contact you again! Please don't do the disappearing act again LOL - at least, if you quit blogging again, email me so we can stay in touch. Our church has their conferences in Mexico, Missouri twice a year and we may go one of these years and I thought we could meet or something. That is, if you are near there. We are having the conference here this spring though, so I finally get to go to one.

    So glad you guys are homeschooling again, and good that you got the experience of public school to find out it wasn't for your kids. I have thought a few times of sending my daughter for a month just so she will realize what it is like there and how you can't talk when the teacher is talking and how long school is AND how you have to wake up early LOL. She doesn't get it haha.

    My baby is now 4 months old and I've been thinking of another one, which is odd because I thought there was no way I could have another but the doctor is telling me different.

    I went through your blog all the way back to the start and got caught up! Love your new abode - I've always loved brick houses, you don't find too many out here but back home in TN, brick was everywhere and I really want a brick home one day.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear from you. I know..bad on my part. I had a rough few months...can't really go into on here. But I am thankful for your prayers. I did stop by your site a few times to make sure you and baby were safe. I didn't have the same email or blogger account..so I didn't leave comments.

      Thanks for catching up. I missed you as well. Let me know dates I will see if it will work out. Loves...

      Delete
    2. Yes, I got your comment here the other day. :) If you want to email me you can at: christianhomekeeper (at) gmail (dot) com I don't know yours or I would've emailed you!

      About the conference, they are having here in Washington this year, so it won't be at the campground in Mexico, Missouri. However, they have them twice a year and we hope to attend one but it might be a few years before we are able to. If and when we do, I will let you know but it may be a few years from now lol.

      Bev

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.