Friday, April 26, 2013
Staying Hydrated (Spiritual Sunday)
We need to stay hydrated in the Lord. My early post this week shared how the Lord is watering my garden well. I feel my roots soaking up His heavenly dew.
Here is some tips to stay hydrated even when drought, and dormancy comes....
1. Set aside time DAILY to spend with the Lord. I try to walk about my whole day in the spirit but having specific time to read the bible, pray, and meditate is crucial.
2. Studying the bible is different to reading the bible for me. I read a bible reading plan (chronological this year) but also studying certain books of the bible, words, or passages can help you dig deeper and open your eyes.
3. Create a Journal. I love to journal certain scriptures that stand out to me during my reading. I call them Rhema Rays or Little Golden Nuggets in the bible. You can also journal on books of the bible or words that you are studying.
What do I mean by word study? This year I am studying the word SEEK. Whenever I come across the word in my reading I jot the scripture down and journal what I feel it means.
4. Find a Mentor. Someone that is spiritually mature and grounded in their prayer life. They can hold you accountable, pray with you, and encourage you.
5. Be faithful attending a regular church service. God has placed a Shepard over your soul. Take notes during the sermons for study during the week.
6. PRAISE MUSIC. Raise your hands and worship him.
7. Fasting...this can be a wonderful way to put down the flesh and flow freely in the spirit. Please take caution and be guided by the Lord for this.
8. Read great and encouraging blogs....Spiritual Sunday's, and The Sheltering Tree are great encouraging blogs.
9. Have a prayer retreat once a year.
10. Memorize scriptures. Post them all over the home, and car.
11. Listen to good christian talks (Revive Our Hearts) or sermons in the past from your pastor, or conventions.
I hope some of these tips will help you stay hydrated and water your garden.
I am linking up to Spiritual Sunday's.