Monday, April 15, 2013

The Apple of His Eye

Good Morning Sweet Sisters,

I have had such a great uplifting weekend. My husband and I went on a Prayer Retreat with other married couples and it was phenomenal. We also had a some workshops on prayer that really opened up the power of prayer. I have pictures but I am pressed for time so I will hopefully update more on it later.

My mom is in from Alabama and we had a good weekend visit after we returned form retreat. We went to eat at one of my favorite place....Cracker Barrel. It doesn't take much to make me happy....I love this place.  I got a hat for Mother's Day. Derrick surprised me with it. I am excited to wear it.

This morning in my quiet time....the scripture stuck out to me in my prayer and then when I went to read it was actually in my reading.

"Keep me as the apple of thine eye: hide me under the shadow if thy wings."  Psalm 17:8

Apple in this means pupil. It is one of the most sensitive members of the body.  I want the Lord to keep me in the most sensitive place and hide me under his wings.

Blessings,
Mrs, Chrissy T

6 comments:

  1. I am studying and teaching on prayer right now and loving it.

    Have fun with your mom--love the scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prayer retreat sounds delightful! Prayer is one of those things that doesn't come easily to me, but I do the best I can.

    I give a hearty "amen" about wanting the Lord to keep us under His protective wings. In my prayers to the Lord, I always tell Him that I want to stay close to Him all the time and not wander-off to "desolate places."

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...blessings. I sometimes wander off. :(

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog -- I love the idea of your card ministry. Most of the things I make I use in ministry -- it's so very rewarding!
    Enjoyed your thoughts Psalm 17:8 -- certainly my prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. I enjoyed your ideas. Blessings.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.