Friday, May 10, 2013

Cleansing the Body...

This week (actually since Tuesday) I have been cleansing my body out.  I was feeling that heavy, bloated, tired, lethargic, and blah feeling.  When it gets to that point I know my body needs a cleaning. A couple of years ago I lost 50 pounds.  I ate clean (lean meat, veggies, and fruit) and walk/ran.  I never felt better.

BUT....it has been a journey and I have gained a half of my weight back. SNIFFF!  I just stop moving, and eating right. It is just that simple.  During my weight loss I was diagnosed with kidney problems.  You would of thought that would have woke me up and helped me stay on track but many other personal problems and life changes happened and found myself neglecting my health.

I share all that to share with you that it is time to change. First, I have started with prayer and scripture study on food. I also have been juicing/smoothies most of my day with one meal.  This works for me and I know not everyone will agree and there a thousand different studies on it, but this is what always helps me kick start.  Then I begin my clean eating. 

I could use prayer...I have been very tired since we moved here (6 months ago) and I feel so drained. I have prayed and the Lord has gently impressed upon my heart that my food choices and the amount I eat is a weight holding me down.

I want to be energetic and vibrant.  I want to live life not just exist in it.  When I feel like I do...I feel I am just existing.  I have been gluttonous and have turned to food when I am stressed, tired, or even happy.  The Lord led me to the Fruits of the Spirit passage.  Reading that made me check my spirit on temperance. 

I may share more often on here my process. Are you struggling with overeating? I'll pray for you as well. You can email me at gotjoy4@hotmail.com.

Blessings,
Mrs. Chrissy T

6 comments:

  1. Yay, we are on the same page here lol. I've been having issues with getting back into the groove with my weight loss after having the baby, but if you start up, we can encourage each other! I'm at the biggest I've ever been and I'm determined to lose this weight by the end of the year (Lord willing!). I'm logged in with my weight loss blog account but this is Bev from ChristianHomekeeping. ;-)

    Hubby took off time from work to give me a "vacation" of sorts from the baby so I can plan my life and get things in order. I may go somewhere alone for hours to plan this coming week, but he said my vacation starts when he gets home tonight LOL. I'm SO ready for this!!!

    Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve it...have fun and embrace this time.

      Delete
  2. I'll be praying for you, and yes, I could use prayer over that issue as well. It's been on my heart and mind for quite some time, but I can't seem to make real progress. Thanks for sharing, and happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so right there with you! I know what I need to do, it is just a matter of me deciding to get serious about for myself. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies...I'll be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May God give you wisdom and guidance in this area!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.