Thursday, July 25, 2013

Simple Blessings Thursday...Produce!

One great benefit or shall I say "BLESSING" in living in the rural area is the bounty of produce. I suppose you can get this anywhere, but here people are begging you to take it off their hands. We usually come home every week from church with a bag of fresh veggies.
It also isn't uncommon for someone to randomly stop by the Pastor's Home to drop off their veggies. *Smiles*!

We love it. Tomorrow, I am putting corn up in the freezer and I am going to make a dish with the squash and try to figure out what to do with the tomatoes and cucumbers.

I plan to hit the Farmer's Market, Saturday.  I want to at least put up 3 months of green beans, corn, squash, zucchini. These are our staple vegetables. My friend shared with me her tip of putting up 52 cans or bags of a vegetable because she knows she is going to at least eat one of those items a week. She makes the best pickles. EVER!!!!

Starting this Thursday, I will be sharing a Simple Blessing from the week! If you would like to join me next Thursday, please link up!

Blessings,
Mrs. Chrissy T



2 comments:

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.