Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday Tips and Helps for the Busy MOM

 
Tip is at the bottom of post!
 
 
One of the best things I did this year so far is prepared some freezer make ahead crock pot dinners, quick lunches, and breakfasts.  It has been such a huge blessing. I will admit it was a lot of work but I really had fun and enjoyed seeing my freezer full of 27 meals, 20 Breakfast Burritos, 10 Bean Burritos, 40 Pancakes, 12 Oatmeal Cupcakes.
 
 

 The next morning I felt like a ran a half a marathon! No Lie! My feet and back hurt so bad.  I felt I needed a little pick me up so I treated myself to some hot cocoa with whip cream and chocolate syrup...oh yeah!!!!
I got a lot of my recipes from Pinterest and some I made on my on.  Here were a few of the dinners I made if you would like recipes I will be more than happy to share.  Comment me and I will get you the links.

White Bean Chicken Chili
Ham and Pineapple (This is just Ham Slices and Pineapple Chunks)
Chili
Stuffed Bell Peppers
Sausage and Bean Soup
Beef Stew
Ranch Pork Chops
3 Bean Stew
Spaghetti Sauces
Pulled Pork
Enchiladas
Burritos
and some others I mainly doubled a lot of these

My next plan I will add pizza dough, freezer biscuits, muffins, cookie dough,
lasagna, stuffed pasta shells. 

Do you do any freezer cooking or prep ahead meals for easy meal time?  I can't tell you how nice it has been to head to the freezer and whip out breakfast, lunches, and suppers. It has been a major time saver and stress relief off me. It was worth a whole day cooking, cleaning, and shopping.

Tip of the week when you make a meal make extra of that and freeze. I like to do Make Ahead Freezer Meals for the crock pot. The reason being is that it takes little prep and you place it in one bag, defrost, and crock that baby! Can't beat that. You can also start small by doing Breakfast stock up on one week, Lunch the next, and then just some simple meat prep for quick throw togethers. Brown all your meat to have handy for spaghetti, sloppy joes, and soups. Grill up a bunch of chicken on Saturday. Then have chicken salads, wraps, or stir fry for a couple of days.

Hope this has given you a little nudge to dig deeper into making your meal time more simple.

Blessings,
Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. I did freezer cooking for several years mainly cooking 3 months at a time and I miss it! I miss having dinner ready lol. I hope I can get back to it eventually. Enjoy it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I remember you doing that. Maybe you can just do little chunks and maybe not 3 months at a time. :) But I firmly believe there is a season for everything!

      Delete
  2. Great idea!!! Never done this before, but I just might have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so helpful and there are tons of great recipes out there that are healthy and wholesome.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.