Monday, September 9, 2013

One Major Thing Helping Me This School Year

This year is the 6th year of Homeschooling for our family.  I am very blessed to have this time with my children.  I have had many times that I have given into pressures due to many different situations and felt school (private and public) would be a better option...or so I thought! The Lord placed a calling on our lives to homeschool our child/children (Ethan was 4).  While we have had lots of bumps, turns, and breaks from homeschooling...I finally accepted that this is the Will of God for our Family and seeing first hand that this is the best and really only option (unless something happen God-Forbid) for us. 

There comes a point in all of our Christian Walk that we finally make the decision that there is no turning back and we are moving ahead.  We have locked our feet in and we will serve the Lord.  There came a point last year that I locked my feet in and declared that I would trust in the Lord on our schooling endeavors. 

One of the major things helping me this year is that I am trusting the Lord for our schooling endeavors. With that has led to a more relaxed approach to our schooling, and home life. Not relaxed as we don't do anything, but relaxed with peace, trust, and joy that the Lord is in control.

This has helped me as a mom/wife/woman be more open to just letting my kids be kids, explore their interest, explore my interest, embrace the day full of learning while other things slide, loving the giggles, snuggle time, and wrestling matches. Soaking in the kisses and laughter during math lessons, pulling out those crafts I used to dread cleaning up, enriching our days with love, learning, and laughter. This is what it is all about for us.

I want my kids to shine, be who God created them to be. I want to be who God fully intends me to bring Him Glory.

Trust the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not to your own understanding........

Chrissy

I am linking....

4 comments:

  1. We have got to enjoy every moment because it will be gone before we know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is assuring, we have had to do the same this year. I only have one. But it is so easy to get caught up in the "idea" of the the perfect homeschool, and we forget to be family and enjoy life. God has given us this blessing! we couldn't be more blessed than to be able to keep our children home with us and raise them this way :]
    this was a nice reminder!
    thanks
    keri@ahomemakersglory.com

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.