Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Couple of Highlights (November & December)

This is a minimal of what we have been doing. But I chose a couple of pictures to highlight. My camera is about to go to the grave so pictures are grainy and not the best. Sniff! 
We had a wonderful November.  We accomplished a good bit of school and I feel pleased where we are in school right now. We are on a break for the holidays for now. We are keeping up with Reading, LA, and Math a couple days of the week.
We enjoyed learning about Pilgrims, and Indians in November. My oldest is studying Colonial Times, but joins us for fun things at times. We made pilgrim hats out of oreos, chocolate, and icing. They were very good.
 
 
 
 In November, I hosted a Holiday Prep night for friends and opened up the church fellowship area to be able to craft, write cards, wrap gifts, and just have fun. I got a lot accomplished this night. It was so much fun. Hannah and another little girl joined us and they made ornaments.


 In November for one our Homeschool Group field trips we visited The National Quilt Museum. This was my kids favorite trip so far. I was surprised, and it was soooo much fun. They learned a lot and got to make a craft project.



There are so many other highlights but I didn't want to photo overload nor did I have a whole lot of time to spare. We went to my mom's for Thanksgiving in Alabama and then my husband and I went to Gatlinburg, TN for our 15th Anniversary. We have been caroling, card making, and raising funds for Home Missionaries by selling cookies. It has been a great few weeks. Although, it has been great I am ready for some routine.  Our home isn't at its best (which is hard for me to deal with because I like order) and the kids are starting to be a little super hyper.  I am ready for ROUTINE!
 
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, been missing your posts! :-) Gatlinburg is near where I grew up and we would go there and Pigeon Forge a lot growing up, I love it there! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.