Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2 Family Daniel Fast

We are taking it a little easy today for our bodies feel a little weak from no sugar. I have been sugar free 6 days now but my kids are just now feeling a little crash. I am glad we are holding off from school until Monday. Hopefully by then they will feel more energized.

Don't worry they aren't starving and they are getting natural sugar from fruits. Here are some of our snacks that we have found that helps us.

Banana Peanut Butter Seedy Snack
I cut a banana in half and coat in ALL Natural Peanut Butter (no sugar) then roll in Sunflower seeds. This is the biggest hit so far.


 For breakfast we have been sticking with a fruit mix with nuts.  This morning I had pomegranates and oranges tossed. Of course...water!!! The kids are mainly doing blueberries, grapes, and almonds.
 One thing I did before we started was clean out our pantry, fridge, and freezer. I got rid of all super junky food that I plan to not bring back into our home (as we plan to go to a WHOLE FOODS pantry) following the Daniel Fast.  I stocked it with Daniel Fast Friendly foods. I will say this isn't the cheapest way to eat.

 Due to my withdraws from sugar and caffeine as well as the kids we mainly are PJing today with books, and good ole classic movies. Of course, bible and prayer is an important part.


Here is the Corn Chowder (Daniel Fast Friendly) we had for supper.

3 cups peeled, chopped potatoes
1/2 c chop onion
4 cups water
EVVO (sauté onions)
2 to 3 cans of corn (we used frozen corn I put up this summer)
1 cup of Almond Milk ( I didn't add this)
parsley, salt, garlic
Shred Carrots (optional)

Saute onions in EVVO. Add water and Potatoes. Bring to boil. Add spices, corn, carrots, and milk (if you choose) and bring to a boil. Then turn to low-med heat and keep an eye on it. Stir and let this go for about 20 minutes and then turn to low and simmer for 30 min or until potatoes are done.

Our meal plan today was:

Breakfast- Fruit, nuts
Lunch- leftover soup, peanut butter wraps with WHOLE WHEAT tortillas. (100% and very minimal ingredients or from scratch)
Supper- We will have fried potatoes, and Veggie Wraps



2 comments:

  1. These look great! New stuff for me to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      It has been a little taxing cleaning our diets but I know it will be best in the long run. I actually love the banana peanut butter seedy snack. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.