Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Joy In January~Lesson 1

 
 As you know I am on a quest this January or Winter to find Joy in the midst of gray bleakness. I know! I sound so pessimistic. I'm not really but I do get pretty blah in these cold winter gray months. So, I want to learn to embrace God's Joy in life (no matter what season) and let Him saturate my life with pure joy even among the not so pretty times.

What is Joy? 

Joy-

1. It is the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying.
2. the expression of glad feelings
3. a deep feeling or condition of happiness or contentment

Words that relate:
blissful
happy
content
raptured (oh, I like this one)

Am I content? Am I raptured by God's love? Am I happy with where I am in God? Can I find blissful moments in the midst of rough, cold, and hard times? 

These are things I am pondering. I believe TRUE JOY is being complete in HIM. 

John 15:5, 11

VS 5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
VS 11 "These things I have spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

True JOY is finding that complete happiness and contentment in Jesus. Taking daily time to be raptured in His presence, and being blissfully swept away in His sweet Words.

Joy Lesson 1:  Make a priority to make daily time (all through the day) to be with the Lord.

Joyfully Yours,
Chrissy T

http://raisinghomemakers.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.