Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Take Away The Dross

In my evening scripture reading in Proverbs this scripture leaped from the page, "Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer." ~Proverbs 25:4

Dross means unwanted material that is removed from a mineral to make it better. Shall I say scum that covers a beautiful vessel or item and blocks its real beauty.

In life we can miss hidden beauty because we look with eyes that sometimes focuses on the scum. You know.... issues, struggles, and problems.

It can be hard to see beauty in things when we look with cloudy eyes. We can look at this verse as a soul check. Is our heart and soul covered in the scum of life and worldliness? 

                                     Pictures of the gardens at the Creation Museum

When we moved into our home our sinks had hard and crusty mineral build up. It took forever it seemed to get that stuff off. It took a lot of soaking, scrubbing, and scouring to get that scum off. Sometimes it may take a lot of soaking in God's Presence, scrubbing and scouring in His Word to clean our cluttered hearts.

                   He wants us to be a Vessel of FINER!

                                        Creation Museum Garden Pictures (2014)

My gift for the day is that God sees me as a vessel He loves and wants to use me to bring Him glory. I appreciate that He guides me to a Word that helps me remember to wipe away dross in my life to be FINER in HIM!