Thursday, January 22, 2015

From the Heart of a Pastors' Wife

This is my first post in this series, "From the Heart of a Pastor's Wife" and before I start digging in I will share a little of our background.



My husband and I have been in ministry in different levels for over 16 years. My husband has been a Pastor for over 3 years now. I am complete NOVICE. But I was able to serve under a great Pastor and Wife for 11 years so I learned quite a lot and God has a way to equip you!!!  I plan to post weekly about my thoughts, tips, and mistakes (oh, there are many) as the help meet to my husband as he Pastors.

Three years ago we answered a call to step out in faith and move to a small rural community and begin to Pastor.  We were excited, scared, and powered up with Faith that great things were going to happen in this church and our lives. The first year went wonderful.  Growth, salvation, and baptisms taking place!!!  People of the church supporting us and beginning to grow.  But I on the other hand began to see the task at hand very overwhelming.  I was a homeschool mom to 3 kids, and homeschooling &  mothering young children was my season.  I also was not prepared for the challenges in my own heart that would take place to make me a better servant in this role. I also was not prepared for the Fish Bowl life.



I loved homeschooling! I loved homemaking! I loved being in the back scenes of serving in a church! I loved helping and blessing and nobody knowing! I loved being able to not be upfront! I am outgoing but I didn't realize the intensity of the Fish Bowl life until my husband became a Pastor.

We are very radical and kingdom minded. We had a shady past and the Lord casted our sins as far as the East is to the West. We don't forget how covered we were with nasty sin and how the Lord washed us, saved us and blessed us with a life unimaginable. What I quickly found out in ministry and serving others is how often people don't have that same intensity you do.

Two of my kids were excited about our new life.  One had a totally different opinion and still has a hard time. My oldest is our biggest support even though he has had it pretty rough in the Fish Bowl experience.



Next time I will share ways we have learned to live in the Fish Bowl.

Blessings,
Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.