Saturday, April 25, 2015

A Nice Welcome & Ramblings!


I love wreaths. I really love seasonal wreaths.  I know they are a "want' and by no means a need. I was wanting a new wreath for our front door this year because all my wreaths are old and faded.  I already had a wire form, and burlap, and décor from things I have collected over the years from gifts and such. I did buy some pipe cleaners and some extra burlap and ribbon. I made this wreath for under $12.00.  I thought it turned our nice and gives a NICE WELCOME for our front door.




I thought it turned out very cute. It is bright and springy!!!  I want to thank you for all the sweet encouragement I have received and I appreciate it more than you all know. A new change has happened and I am just going to embrace it even though I am not for sure why, I am trusting in the Lord and that is all I can do. I do feel better. I believe I have a road to recover and rebuild my health and I am looking forward to our summer break from school to be able to get started on investing in my health and hopefully create long lasting changes and disciplines.

We are getting lots of spring rain here in the Midwest and I love the sound of rain. I am sitting here right now listening to the sprinkles and feeling the breeze through our windows. I love the smell of a fresh spring rain after a lawn has been mowed. Right now, I hear all kinds of birds, and tree frogs having them a time. I love the music of God's Creation.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. We have Ethan's 15th birthday celebration tomorrow after Sunday evening church. We are all looking forward to that. I can't believe my oldest is 15 years old.

I didn't do so well on my goals that I had set. I am really having a hard time accomplishing them all. I believe it is my season of life right now. I am praying about how to be more committed to goals. I did increase my water intake, walked with a friend this week, kept the house cleaned, and prepared as much as I could for Ethan's party on top of working 43 hours this week and church duties.

In the frugal area I turned down a lot of things to keep money for savings. I try to utilize leftovers this week and felt very successful. I set a budget for Ethan's party and stuck with it on the most part.

Blessings,
Chrissy

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE that wreath, it is my style!! :-) So glad you are going to have a summer or getting your health back and enjoying time with your kids! If you like rain so much - you should live out here in Washington LOL!! We are hardly ever in short supply - to see the sun is something I live for out here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well....I only like a little bit of Spring Rain and then I am done!!!!! LOL!!!

      Delete
  2. Chrissy, it sounds like you are on the road to recovery. Praise God! Your wreath is lovely. Another idea for a cheap wreath is to bend a wire clothes hanger into a circle and just knot strips of fabric around it. I saw one in a shop for Easter and it was $40!! So expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel, I have made one of those fabric wreaths. I did it with a cheap wreath frame I got at a thrift store but a hanger is genius!!!

      Delete
  3. Cute wreath! I am in the midwest also and am over the rain. I am ready to do some weeding in the flower beds but when I have free time it rains. Oh well there will be plenty of days ahead to weed.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the wreath! I think you did great especially as you are still working! Well done! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annabel! I loved my card and labels!

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.