Saturday, April 18, 2015

Blessing Our Abode

We had a productive day here at the Humble Abode. We finally set aside some time as a family to do some much needed yard work. We had 18 chickens last year and they DESTROYED every flower bed, shrub, and planters. We were raising them as Free Range and Organic Hens and they were EVERYWHERE! Needless to say that didn't last long. After some got killed by Coyotes, wild dogs, and who knows what else we decided to let them go to a better home.  We needed to repair our destroyed flower beds. They turned out lovely. I am just showing the before shots. 


I hit the ground early and I first enjoyed some time with the Lord and a cup of coffee.  I am in Matthew and it was just what I needed today.

 
 Then I headed to the store with some money that I had been saving to do the flower beds.  I got very good deals and resisted buying more than I needed. *SMILES* After I got back we started cleaning out the old beds and getting ready for the MAKEOVERS!!!




 Hannah and I worked very hard today. The whole family did. The boys cleaned out beds, unloaded rock, mowed, and cleaned brush. Hannah and I planted, weeded, watered, and then spruced the inside of the abode up. I cleaned the fridge out and freezer. She vacuumed. We then cleaned out the garage. I AM TIRED!!

                                    
                                    Kyle planted carrots and flowers!

 
 
Ethan working hard breaking up ground to plant our new shrubs. We have a had a good and productive day. We finished up the day after several loads of laundry, baths, and cleaning heading to church for a Children Event. It was so much fun and turned out lovely. We have a great group of people that work very hard to help the church.
 
 
 I have all our church clothes ready for in the morning and a chicken ready for the crock pot. I am going to try a new recipe with potatoes for Sunday Lunch.
 
Hope your Saturday was lovely. I pray you have a great weekend!
 
Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love your house and your lawn!! I could see your lawn in the background, it looks like it stretches a long ways out. I haven't seen yards like that since being back home in TN - makes me miss the eastern US so bad! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev,
      It is 6 acres. It takes forever to mow. It is a lot of upkeep. But we live in a farming community and most homes that were a tad decent to live in have huge yards. It is a nice home but it is actually "perfectly" small. We have 2 bedrooms and it's probably 1200 sq feet. Which is another issue we had trying to find a home when we moved here. It is next to impossible to find a 3 bedroom home. But we make it work and our so blessed!

      Delete
    2. I would have never thought it was that small but good thing you found it and it has a garage! Amazing to have that many acres but ya, at the same time it takes a lot of work.

      Delete
  2. I love productive days! Megan and I planted some veggies in the raised beds yesterday. I am ready to hit the flower beds, but am trying to be patient as we could still have a frost. Please share about your chicken dinner. I am always on the look out for a good meal that I can throw in the crock pot. Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.