Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hobo Steak & Crock Pot Baked Potato (Another Sunday Fixin)

One way that I have been working on our budget is NOT EATING OUT. Our biggest culprit is Sunday. My husband is a Pastor and Sunday's tend to be a long day. Enjoyable but long. If I am not conscientious about preparing our meal before I leave our home we end up eating out.

                                               Church Fun with Friends
                                                     (April 2015)

Since working on our budget we have saved lots of money by cutting this out. I utilize a lot of crock pot meals or slow cooking items.


                                    One my dearest friends and neighboring Pastors Wife
                                                          (April 2015)

Last Sunday's dinner was Hobo Steak and Baked Potatoes.  I made up hamburger patties with seasons, topped with onion and made a tinfoil pack for each individual patty. I put them in the oven on 375 while we got dressed (45 minutes) and before I headed out to church I bumped the degrees down to 190.  They cooked for about 3 hours. Oh my...they were moist, juicy, and perfect.

I then took my potatoes and gave them a good scrub, poked holes in them, and rubbed butter on them.  I rolled them up in tinfoil as I would baking a potato and put them in my crock pot on high. They cooked 4 hours. They also were perfect.

Hobo Steaks (Servings 6)

1 1/2 to 2 lbs of ground beef ( I used 2)

seasonings such as salt, pepper, and garlic salt

I also tossed a brown gravy pack in the burger because it sounded good and I am using things in my cabinet up.

1/2 c of bread crumbs

Make patties as a burger patty and place in foil, top with onion, and wrap up.


Thanks for visiting!!!

Chrissy


4 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy!! Sunday is also a day we tend to want to eat out, I'm trying to plan to have lots of leftovers that day but sometimes it is a fail LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were. I tried to do leftovers on Sunday but it was a fail bc we always wanted something fresh and yummy! My family isn't huge leftover fans so I try to cook exact or we do something unique with them.

      Delete
  2. I've never tried baking potatoes in the crockpot. That would be a good thing to do in the summer instead of turning on the oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy and yes keeps the heat down!

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.