Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Love When I Get Four Meals out of One

This past Sunday I shared how I made a whole chicken. It was a nice size bird. I got 4 meals out of this chicken. I normally only get 1 maybe 2 out of a chicken. I tend to buy smaller whole chickens for money sake but they had chickens on sale and I got a large one for $5.00 and I think that is good considering I got 4 meals out of it.



As mentioned earlier I put the whole chicken in the crock on Sunday. I shredded the leftover chicken and got 2 Yummy Chicken Pot Pies. Then I still had some left so I making chicken salad out of it for lunches.

Yummy!

My Quick Chicken Pot Pie

I put shredded chicken in the crock pot, 1 bag of mixed frozen veggies, 1 large can of cream of chicken, and chicken broth. I eye ball the broth. You don't want it runny just smooth, like 1/2 cup or so. 1 melted stick of Real Butter. Salt and pepper. Stir all this real good.

I then cook this on low for 2 1/2 hours. Let it simmer real good. I take two pie crust. I would make these normally but because I had 2 premade ones I use this. Especially on my days I am working (I only have 16 more days until I am a full time homemaker again) it makes it so much nicer. I put one pie crust and roll it out in a 9 by 13 pan, then spoon in the pot pie mix on top of crust. I roll out the other one on the counter and then lay it over mixture and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Serve with a salad, and cold tea. Yummy!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissy I found you through Wendi's blog. Looking forward to getting to know you and your family. Blessings Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my humble blog. I look forward to connecting.

      Delete
  2. That is really good for a $5 chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I got so excited I went back to the store to get more chickens...ALL GONE!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.