Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday Chicken Dinner & Crockpot Ranch Potatoes

I have 3 servants and they are the most wonderful handy servants ever. These servants are the good ole' crockpot.  I have one big one that I do main dishes in and then a crock pot that has 3 medium crock pots in one. I use these a lot to help me especially on Sunday. It can be super easy to get sucked into going out to eat when your a Pastors' Family. I have to be very intentional to make sure I have a meal cooking before I ever leave the house on Sunday morning.



This past Sunday I did a Whole Chicken.  I rinsed it off real well, jabbed holes in the chicken and then coated it in olive oil. I sprinkled garlic powder, salt, and pepper on it. I mixed up a pack of Organic chicken gravy as the directions said and poured on top and got it cooking. Totally nothing fancy but it was moist and delicious.


Crockpot Ranch Potatoes

6-8 small to medium potatoes sliced (leave skin on)
chopped green onions to taste
1 pack of ranch dressing mix
1 stick of butter
salt and pepper to taste
bacon crumbles (I used real bacon pieces)
cheddar cheese (top at the end of cooking and mix up before serving)

Line crockpot with tinfoil and spray foil with cooking spray. Throw your potatoes, sliced butter, green onions, ranch packet, and bacon and stir. Then cover the top of potatoes with tinfoil. Basically, make a tinfoil pack. Cook on high 4-5 hours or low 7 hours. I cooked mine on high. They were perfect! Sprinkle with cheese and stir a little.

These are super yummy! Have a good day!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious, I saved the recipe! ;-)

    I know what you mean about going out to eat on Sunday - I hate how fast money can go eating out, especially like an eat-in restaurant! Thankfully, we had a lot of leftovers that I planned, and it felt good to come home and eat home-food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev, I know it is so easy. I always think I want to go out because I don't want to cook and clean. But when we do I hate the expense and the wasted time. I always enjoy it when we come home and just eat, clean up, and relax until evening service.

      Delete
  2. I plan to try out the potatoes soon. Chuck needed to stop by the hardware store for a plumbing part when we left church today. We were starving by the time we left the store and that lead to fast food. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so good! What a challenge to get a meal going before you leave for church! I'm sure it's a blessing to your family to come home to a delicious meal, ready to eat!

    Blessings!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Rabe...I'm so excited you visited. It can be challenging but it saves a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crock pots are great aren't they Chrissy? I love the fact that there isn't a lot of cleaning up afterwards...just the crockpot and the plates and cutlery. I must be getting lazy as I get older. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.