Thursday, October 1, 2015

Preparing to Strip Down....SPENDING that IS

As I title this post I some what giggle out loud. STRIP Down! I mean strip down in spending.  It is time to do a challenge. With our current move and many other unforeseen situations we need to cut back a little, pay some small debt, and build our savings.


 I have scoured the web reading, searching, studying, and watching videos on frugal living. There is such inspiration out in the web.  I also follow several blog that share great tips from getting out of debt, preparing a pantry, learning to save a penny to make into a hundred dollars, becoming tight, spending freeze, and encouragement on the frugal journey. There is a platform and wealth of knowledge to help anyone on their quest of frugality.

It literally drives me crazy to have small debt.  We were debt free for years and I am so thankful for that. But just like everyone and everything things happen and we had to live off our savings for a while when left the Corporate World for ministry. That was were it got sticky. Once your fund is gone and your living beyond your means then you tend to incur debt. I am not ashamed to be open about this. Because if we were all truly HONEST everyone or most at one point of time has lived beyond their means or does currently.

As a Keeper of Our Home I feel one of my duties is to help our home and family  be a good steward of the money God allows us to have. Some people can handle a lot of money and some cannot. It is what it is. STOP BEING ASHAMED!!!!


When we went to the Solomon Islands my eyes were opened on this.  Being a good steward, enjoying God's blessings in your life, trust God will supply what YOU NEED!  Not what your neighbor, not your church member sitting next to you NEEDS. I am sorry it is silly to be ashamed of what God gives you. It doesn't make you more or less. You may not have a big fancy home, a Lexus, or the "right" clothes. You very well may be blessed like that. But who says your not blessed if you live moderately, choose to live in the means God gives you, and embrace the simple life.



As my husband and I hiked down a mountain to visit a church in a gorge. We seen filth, body waste, trash, dirt.....lots of dirt.  But we heard praises literally echoing through this gorge (like a big trench or valley) where 20, 000 people crowded live. The church we were visiting was singing to Jesus..."Thanks"! It was so humbling and beautiful. As we entered this little church built out of scrap wood into a side of the mountain and dirt floors.  The members singing greeted us with flowers, and had a table of refreshments for us. The praised God like I have never seen. They talked about how grateful they were. How God is so good to them.

CAN YOU SAY EYE OPENING?!  CONVICTING!?   YES!!!!!






I want to be grateful for what God chooses to give me/us. I am not saying God wants us to live in homes with dirt floors, struggle, and such. I am saying WE need to prioritize what is important. Seek God's will and Kingdom first. Work at being a good steward of the money God has ALLOTED US to have. Be okay with that. Work to keep that, spend it correctly, and bless others. Get out of debt so I truly live on what God gives.

In Love,

Chrissy

4 comments:

  1. I need to get back to frugal things as my health was off for a few months and we didn't save anything. The past month my parents have been here and bought all of our groceries for us and used their rental car to help us save on gas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a small amount of debt after being debt-free most of my life and it's a big weight! We will thankfully be able to pay it off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A visit to the islands always makes one appreciate how having 'things' doesn't bring happiness. They are very happy simple people who love the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to "strip down" too. ;) We don't have much debt. Some medical debt we are currently working on so we can get back to kicking our van payment to the curb. Debt hanging over our head drags us down! Looking forward to seeing how you cut expenses.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.