Friday, December 18, 2015

Feeling a Little Christmas"y"

Hello friends!!! Hope you all have had a great week. I am working hard to feel better. I am recovering from a stomach ulcer. It was very painful. But I am on the mend. So, I am trying to get in the "Holiday Spirit". *Smiles*

My oldest son had a little youth party so I fixed up some goodies for the helpers.
I found these super cute mason jar cups with straws for $1.50. They had all kinds of colors. I filled them with candy and mints. I also found cute chalkboard ornaments for $1.00 and so I used those as the tags for the gifts.




One of the helpers is a man so I used an old nice glass container I had and filled it with chocolates and tied a ribbon around it and gave him a tie that I got on sale.

Two of the helpers specifically work with Ethan's age. I found these super chalkboard/dry erase board easels for $3.00. The Burlap bags I used to put chalk in it for their boards.  The bags were $1.00.





I was pleased with these goodies. I hardly spent much. The cost of ingredients for homemade goodies would equal up to what I spent. With my health I have to choose to do things that aren't super overwhelming for me right now. *Smiles*

 


I did drop some cookies at my husband's office for Christmas and took the office workers and janitorial staff at our church some cupcakes to thank them for their work.

My husband got a nice crate as a gift with nuts inside at work and he gave me this crate which he knew I would LOVE!!! I use it to carry things. It is so solid and with handles.


I finished up our Christmas cards! Yippie! They are all in the mail! *Smiles*


I plan to grocery shop today, do some wrapping, and make some solid Christmas planning. We have a Sunday School party tonight. I am bringing something small. I plan to clean the house really good tomorrow and go see some Christmas lights at our Nature Center with the kids.

What is on your agenda?

As Always Be Blessed,

Mrs. Chrissy T



6 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter if the things you give are handmade or store bought, it really is the thought that matters. I have been on the go most of today. At school until lunch for chapel and a classroom party. Then I finished up my shopping. Tomorrow I will tackle laundry and wrap presents between loads while Chuck is working overtime. Then the family I just stopped babysitting for will take us out for dinner. It sounds like you are keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing things a little at a time. Slow and steady! You take care of yourself friend.

      Delete
  2. You've been up to wonderful things, Mrs. Chrissy T. I'm sure your family and friends feel blessed.

    I'm glad your mom was encouraged by A Christmas Miracle on the Frontier. I pray God will bless her and all your family in the coming months.
    Thank you for your prayers!

    Please drop by and say hello!

    Have a wonderful Christmas season!
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    P.S. Do you know that you are a "no reply blogger"? You can read about it here.
    http://harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com/2015/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. Laura. I plan to fix the no reply soon. I love your blog. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I think sometimes when I make something homemade it seems "free" because I had all of the ingredients. You made a good point--homemade isn't actually free and buying a small present often could be the same price or actually less. I just stumbled upon your blog and look forward to reading the back posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Becky! I'm glad you visited. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.