Thursday, December 3, 2015

Getting Ready For Christmas

 
 

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! We did. I started putting the Christmas décor out the weekend of Thanksgiving. I tried hard to utilize what I have on hand. This is my inside décor and I thought it turned out lovely.

 
My camera does not does not do our tree justice. It is so beautiful in person. I got a few things from the Dollar Store to add to it this year. I added Magnolia's because that is the state flower and since we just moved here I thought they were appropriate.

 

I wanted a black, red, and white tablecloth but it was not in the budget. So, I got fabric with the colors and reindeer. It worked perfect. The tree on our table is our Jesse Tree. This is a tree we hang ornaments on after we read a devotion about Christ and the real meaning of Christmas as a countdown until Christmas.


"A Christmas Carol" (this is a beautiful Illustrated version) sits here for our read aloud time.

 I got this glass tree last year for $1.00 at a resale shop. I was seeing all these DIY glass villages on pinterest.  I got the people, trees, and snow flakes for a few dollars.  Used real pine from the forest to add to it.
 



Marshmallows are waiting to be dunked in Hot Cocoa!!!! Yummy!


My husband surprised me with these little snowmen. I love them. Perfect!





My camera didn't want to do good. The lighting was bad and I am trying to learn the settings. :( Overall I am pleased and it feels so cozy. I love this time of year. I am trying hard to make it peaceful due to all the rush and parties. We have A LOT going on but I am trying to make sure I find some stillness in this precious time to reflect on the True Meaning of this season.

Love you all,

Chrissy T

2 comments:

  1. Does it snow where you are now living, Chrissy? I would love just one white Christmas although it would be a bit of a shock after the hot Christmas time we have over here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no! We have always lived where it snows.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.