Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Thoughts on Wasting Time

I shared a post from Women Abiding yesterday (check post here) about not wasting time.  I loved this because I think I get my priorities out of whack. I also struggle with reminding myself that "mundane" tasks that seem like ordinary simple things aren't a waste of time after all but an investment.

 



I told you I would share my thoughts with you on it today. I agree with a Telia's list. But I will be honest it opened my eyes and reminded me that some of those things I do are truly not a waste of time.

I have been guilty getting caught up in my to do list and miss an opportunity with a dear friend for lunch.  I have let the pressure of perfectionism keep me from being hospitable. I have also let precious time slip through my hand like sand in an hour glass while doing things that really don't have an eternal impact.



Several months ago my pastor preached a sermon and he closed the sermon with these questions.... "What are you spending all your time on?  Is it making a eternal impression? Are you investing or impacting for eternity?"  These questions often pop in my mind when I am running around or rushing about my day.


I want to make sure that I take time to be more hospitable, invest as much as I can in my children, and being more still in my day.



Honestly....sickness can make you be still. But not your mind. My mind goes 90 to nothing. I often have to quiet it and just breathe. It is hard being stuck in bed.  But I loved her list because I can do most of these things that are NOT wasting time when I am in bed. I can read aloud to my children. I can worship and read His Word. I can write notes of encouragement.  I can listen to sermons. I can teach my children even from the bed if so be it.




If you didn't read the post on the 20 Activities that are Never a Waste of Time please read it. Then come back and share your thoughts!!!!

Blessings,

Mrs. Chrissy T

3 comments:

  1. Hello friend,

    Just wanted to stop by and thank you for your sweet and encouraging comments on my blog! :) Appreciate you stopping by! Happy Advent!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tickled pink to get your comment. I am actually doing a post on SLOW tomorrow and giving you the honor because you have inspired me in so many ways. Thanks!!!!

      Delete
  2. Chrissy, I hope you are feeling better. It is dreadful being sick and having to stay in bed but obviously you are making the most of the situation.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.