Saturday, December 19, 2015

Planning a New Year Planning Retreat

Hello Dear Friends,

I hope you are all well today. I am looking forward to the year ahead. As mentioned earlier this past week (refresh with this post here) that I choose a Word each year to study and apply to my life. Last year my word was Forward. I have a few words and thoughts swirling in my noggin for the 2016 year. One word is "commit" but I actually feel impressed about some others.

                                                  One of our hiking days!

I was doing some research on Pinterest and came across a pin about having an "end of the year planning retreat" for a day to help you plan for the New Year. I thought this would be a wonderful idea.

About three years ago I did a personal prayer retreat. I was going through a lot of changes. I was just plum overwhelmed and needed quiet. I needed to study the word, listen to the Lord, and journal. My mom blessed me with a hotel stay and I set the home in order and went for a day and night to focus on prayer, reading, and planning. It was so helpful. My joy was restored. My spirit uplifted. I felt a clear direction.



I will not be doing a overnight stay but I do plan to choose a day to go somewhere refreshing with my bible, journal, planner, and camera. I plan to even pack me a picnic lunch. I am excited about it. I pray my health will allow me to do this.

I have been trying to decide where to go for this. I also want to plan what I want to do, things to take, and etc. I am new to this area so I do not have little quaint hiding places like I used to. At my old home I had lovely nature spots, streams, and cliff spots. No such thing here. I have been known to drive myself and walk a bit and then sit at a picnic table and journal. I love nature and it just revives me.



I may choose a different flow but all the same I plan to take this time to read, plan goals for our home and homeschooling, and prayer is the upmost importance.

If you could have a retreat day what would you do?  Where would you go?  What would you take?

I would love to hear your dream retreat day ideas!!!

As Always Be Blessed,

Mrs. Chrissy T

3 comments:

  1. I think I would retreat to the utter silence of a monastery for a few days to allow the swirling thoughts of a far-too-fast life to settle and quieten down.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this Phil! If I could I would too. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I think the idea of a Retreat is a very neat one - especially as we get ready to start a new year. I wouldn't personally care for an outing at a hotel but some time alone at home sounds very attractive to me. If it was warmer I could see taking a day to just go out in the woods or on the river with my planning notebook, Bible and such with a picnic lunch but with the weather we actually have here I don't think that would work.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.