Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Ready or Not! & Gift of Joy Jars!

Ready of not my dear friends Christmas is here. I have all the gifts bought, wrapped, cards were mailed, Christmas photo taken, food bought, all prep work for the dishes done, and I have even got they Jesus Birthday cake made. First time in 17 years I have had all this done early!!!!

Some fun traditions we have done for years are making a birthday cake for Jesus and taking some time to celebrate HIM! We also like to color in Christmas color books, watch lots of Christmas or Christian films, and my husband takes the kids to the store to get me a gift. We also get a personalized ornament with our names on it. I was actually a little disappointed in ours this year. They did a very poor job on the writing. I just went ahead and took it and we will make the best of it.


I wanted to share a gift I made for my Aunt's.... JOY JARS. I found these cute jars with the chalk labels already on them plus the rope ribbon for $1.50 each. I printed out scriptures and little positive things to encourage them. I cut strips of the scriptures and stuffed the jar full with words that will bring JOY!



I used a chalk pencil to write JOY Jar on the label. I love them and I may go get some more jars and make up some for gifts in the future. I love giving random gifts to friends.




I have felt very good this week and I am so thankful. I know that blog reading may not be the big thing this week with all the festivities but I have dedicated myself to write in this little space for more of journal purposes and I hope next year I can print it out my yearly posts in a book form.

Dear Friends....I pray you all have a truly wonderful Christmas!

Blessings!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas to you and your family, Chrissy. Those jars are great as they can be Joy Jars, Blessing Jars and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute jar and I love what you are using it for. Merry Christmas, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Christmas Day was relaxing and full... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bevy,

      It was full!!! But we enjoyed it. I hope you did as well.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.