Monday, December 7, 2015

Simple Birthday Fun

My eyes were open yesterday. I seen kids be just as excited about a simple homemade cookie cake in the backyard with some Kool- Aid than a big fancy cake and party. December is always a busy month here. Every weekend we tried to plan Hannah a birthday party seemed to be super hectic with Christmas events, Church events, and plays. So, we took her to eat somewhere special (my husband saved for that) and she asked for a cookie cake. I had plan to do sloppy joes but he surprised with a dinner out. I made her a cookie cake on the day of her birthday. Little did I know she was going to invite all the children in our neighborhood. *smiles*




Hannah was in a super need of some winter clothing. I had a gift card of $65 so I stocked up on her some clothes. I was so glad. I found the cutest socks and shirts. I also got her a church coat and a scarf that was on sale with the gift card.




Aren't those sock so cute with the deer?  My daughter is a huge animal and bird lover so I knew she would love them. What I loved about this is that it was just a simple day. I already had plates, cups, and napkins on hand that I stocked up on a long time ago. I made a huge pitcher of Kool-Aid and made a simple cookie cake. They all played
outside and ate cake. After they ate they hit the sidewalks with their bikes.

I am starting to see that big isn't really needed and simple is more beautiful.

Blessings,

Chrissy T


Linking Up with..

 
<div align="center">p://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1Kr4H8HSOkM/Uys8B8bikhI/AAAAAAAAens/7PqSUwjMtq0
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Simple can be very beautiful when wrapped in love :) Thank you for sharing this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.