Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Wasting Time & Chronic Illness Issues

I read a wonderful post on 20 Activities That Are Never A Waster of Time. It is written by Tehila at Women Abiding. Please take a few minutes to read this. Share your thoughts. 

She shares activities that are never a waste of time and it spoke to me so much. I loved her list. Without giving to much detail I will share my thoughts tomorrow.



I will say though that it can be so easy to waste time. Since, my sickness and health issues I have learned that time is so precious and I try to live simple to be able better serve my family. I have to rest a lot! A LOT! That feels like wasting time.

That can quickly make me feel like I am failing as a wife, mother, and homemaker. Laying in bed for a day or two a week really can be frustrating. I am learning to balance my days better so I will not have as many flare ups. But even that can not always help.




I am learning though that through this "season of illness" that I can make the most of my time by reading aloud to the kids, reading the word, journaling when my hands can do it, praying, reading wholesome books, researching ways to better run our home when I do feel better, and just meditating on the Lord are things you can do when you are bound to the bed.

In October I couldn't hardly walk. I was really sick. It was very hard!!!! The first few weeks I was so sick it was a blur! Then I got super sad and frustrated because I couldn't serve our family. To be honest I was a little angry!




Eventually though I began to read and dig in the word and pray more often!!!! I am thankful for that time because it gave me strength and has been helping me to this day.

What do you do when you are out of sorts?  If you struggle with a chronic illness how do learn to adapt?  Please share!!!!


Blessings,

Mrs. Chrissy T

4 comments:

  1. Goodness me, Chrissy...you have been really sick haven't you? That would be so difficult when you have young children. I hope you had plenty of help and that your health issues can be resolved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel,

      I have to say it is very difficult because we homeschool. I have had "some" help but my husband and children have had to carry the burdens.

      Delete
  2. I wrote you a long email about my answer LOL! ;-)

    We will get through this, whether life is going to be a new normal or maybe we will experience miraculous healing! We have to learn to live in the here and now, at least that is what I'm having a hard time with. I have a bad habit of saying, "When this gets better, then I will do this and that and be happy." etc. I want to be happy right now, despite the pain and sickness - that is my goal currently. Just like you said - seeing all the things you can do from bed, you are still there! I remember when I was at my sickest and in bed for weeks and I felt like my family would have been better off without me there (yes I thought that!). I felt like such a burden to them and it weighed so heavily on me. However, my husband and daughter both said - they would rather have me like I was and THERE, then not there. That is when I realized their labor wasn't just out of duty but rather because of deep love for me. I still would like the Lord to return soon though LOL!!! =0 Come quickly Lord Jesus!!

    I've been wanting to blog on all that happened and is happening for a while but haven't mustered up the strength to do so. I appreciate you sharing as it has helped me not feel so alone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you dear Bev and pray for you often!

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.