Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Cleaning the Oven & Winter Walking

I am using a little advice from Laine (Check side bar) about using a zone to clean our home. She used the Fly Lady with a twist and I am trying to incorporate that in our routine. My Zone is the Kitchen this week.

While the kids were schooling at the table I decided to clean the oven. This oven is old and it wasn't super nice when we moved in this past August. Over the holiday it got its workout with baking and a cookie cake bubbled over. AHAHA!!!

Anyway I used my Everything Cleaner, baking soda, scour pad, and elbow grease *wink*.


This has the cleaner sprayed on it and then I put a baking soda paste on it and let it sit a while. The oven already had damage and stains from previous owners. I cleaned it the best I could and I couldn't get it to really be as clean as I like. I have always had a new stove that I owned. I have never used someone elses already seasoned stove.



 I put foil in it to prevent more damage and for easier clean up. It isn't perfect but much better.
This oven and stove is old and some of the things don't work on it and the landlord isn't really wanting to replace it. So, we will make do. I am blessed to have an oven. *Smiles*


After our school and chores Hannah I took a walk around the lake. I have been aiming to do a daily walk. It was chilly. We bundled up anyway and took a walk. I was fine but she was cold.




 
This is the back of our home the one that has the steps going down and the bay window. Gray and white.




We had a great Monday even with bumps, rough patches, and such. It is what you make of it.

DO YOU HAVE ANY OVEN CLEANING TIPS????

Blessings,

Chrissy T

8 comments:

  1. Chrissy What a beautiful place to live..with a lake in the back. How cool is it down there? Today in KY we are 18.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa,

      It is 30. Last year in Illinois (where we used to live for the last 13 years) 18 was the high during the day. I am thankful for warmer days here. :) 30 sounds nice compared to 18. Girl....I know...that is cold.

      Delete
  2. You do have a beautiful home and neighborhood.
    It is cold in Oklahoma too.
    You got that oven a lot cleaner!
    I am spoiled to finally have a double self cleaning oven and I do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had one on my other one and I loved it. The cleaner doesn't work on this oven sadly. :(

      Delete
  3. I wanted to pass this bit of information onto you. Using foil under your heating elements like that causes them to burn out faster. I used to do this with the burners on my stove and in my oven and had to replace the elements several times. I asked one of the repairment at an appliance store about it and he told me that using the foil does shorten the life of your heating elements. Since I stopped doing this, I have not had to replace any heating elements now for 7 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to know. Thank you so much for sharing.

      Delete
  4. Brrr! It is "cold" here in the 40's and 50's lol! Always raining though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet. Although I am sure it has some beautiful nature I heard your area can be quite gray year round. Is this true?

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.