Friday, January 15, 2016

Frugal and Thrifty Week 3

Oh my friends this week wasn't terrible but it wasn't super. With my ride to the ER, Dr. Visits, and tests I cringe at the new bills that will head my way. CRINGE!  Yet, I know God will take care of it. He will help me! I am sure of it.

We stayed within budget minus $40 due to the adventure of health this week. I didn't cook from scratch, build my pantry, and or save in any miraculous way. Due to being bound to bed. But we didn't over spend and used what we had on the most part.



I am feeling better and today is Bill Paying day AGAIN! *Smiles* I will be working on my menu which we did stick to a little but not all the way due to everything. So, I will have a jump start on the pantry because we didn't use some items so I will build on this.

I do plan to make some homemade cleaners today. I will make my laundry detergent this weekend. This recipe lasts me quite a while, almost 2 months.

I plan to go through some rooms over the weekend and get rid of clutter or learn to reuse or repurpose some things.
 
 

On a different note.....I always love reading Laine's Letters (Check side bar) for encouragement and today I read a letter on "Daily Discipline".  Please go read it and share what you think here. I love her inspiration. Share how you have worked on Daily Disciplines.

One of her quotes in this letter, "Seeking first the Kingdom of God. Running the race to win. Living in the Spirit according His will. Well, in a nutshell, it is godly discipline." Love it!

Over the last few days the Lord showed me my days are numbered and life is but a vapor. I want to make sure I am following His will. I am praying now that He has showed me these things He will guide me in making the most of this vapor of a life.



Blessings Friends!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Step by step is the way to go! I understand the dread of incoming medical bills. We have quite a few, but I will say God was good and we didn't have nearly the balance I had anticipated. So thankful!

    Considering everything I think it is fantastic that you only went over by $40! It would have been easy to have take out every night and we know how that eats up the budget!

    I will continue to pray for your health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. We only had take out 2 times. The rest we ate out of the pantry and fridge.

      Delete
  2. It sounds as though you are on the mend- that's great! Sometimes it is good to slow down a little. You can continue your pantry efforts when you are ready and even a little progress is a good thing. Hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chrissy! I had to go back and read your other posts. I was so busy this week, I didn't get around to all my usual blogs. I will be praying for you. As I read about your calf pain etc, my first thought was blood clot. I'll be keeping you in prayer.

    I used to read Laine's Letters all the time. They were very inspiring.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they think I had one but it has taken care of itself....well....the Lord did it. :)

      Delete
  4. Laine has a way of speaking truth in a straightforward yet non-threatening way. She's a real encouragement.

    I'm enjoying your thrifty posts. Come by and see me tonight, and you'll see my Winter Bucket List. If you come by in the morning, you'll see my thrifty week post.

    Blessings to you Mrs. Chrissy!

    ஐღLauraღஐ
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your Winter Bucket List. It inspired me.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.