Friday, January 29, 2016

Frugal & Thrifty Friday Week 5

I was able to do a big stock up last shop day so this really helped in the grocery department. I scored big time at Kroger Grocery Store with Buy One Get One Free and then the one you bought was on sale. I stocked up on rice, pasta, and paper towels.



If you don't utilize Kroger's Freebie Friday's YOU NEED TO.  Every Friday there is a Freebie. You can actually get it anytime but the Freebie is announced on Friday. They do have an expiration date.

Today's Freebie is a Sunny Delight Beverage!!! (Expires Feb. 14th, 2016)

I waited until I had 3 or 4 freebies and certain sales I wanted to catch. I got a container of yogurt, 2 Uncle Ben Wild Rice Boxes, and 6 pack of Nestle Grape Water for FREEEEEE!!! You do not have to make a purchase to get your freebies..  They also had a deal buy a pack of their Paper Towels ($1.89) and get a bottle of dish soap free. Also, buy 2 packs of rice get one free. I totally utilized these things to build my pantry.



They also had Navel Oranges that were 5 for $1.  I got 10 oranges. They were beautiful and delicious. My kids love oranges.

Kroger had all their block cheese and shredded cheese on sale for $1.42 a package or block. I stocked up. We use cheese a lot.

I signed up my email for Redbox and got a free movie.

I had to drive a lot in the last few weeks because my husband went out of town traveling so a lot of things he does on his way home I had to do. So, my gas bill increased. But we are still saying NO to eating out and this saves us quite A LOT!



My goals this week are.....

1. Revamp our budget....My husband got a RAISE!!! WOOT! But we plan to take advantage of this by tackling debt.

2. Plan a sensible February "Blessing Our Pantry" Plan.

3. Plan a fun, thrifty, and frugal Valentine Dinner for the family as well as giving goodies to those needing a little lift in the LOVE Department.

4. Set February Finance Goals

What are ways you saved? What habits are you doing that are cutting the cost??? Share, please!!

Blessings,
Chrissy

*Images found in google search image files*

11 comments:

  1. We don't have a Kroger's here :( But I do most of my shopping at Costco where I save a lot when they have their sales. We bought half a cow last year, as well as we buy our chicken from Zaycon, and we got a deer this year, so the meat dept. is great, my freezer is full! Typically each week I buy only fruits/veggies/perishables, and stock up once a month at Costco for other things. I loved hearing how much money you saved, and so happy to hear your husband got a raise - woohoo! That is awesome, always a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! It was such a blessing. We don't have a Costco here. I bet that is nice.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to your husband for getting a raise! That's wonderful. Isn't it a great feeling finding deals and saving money? Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely weekend!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill,

      Yes...I am so thankful. You have a great weekend too.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a good shopping trip this week. I can't wait to hear about your pantry plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep forgetting about the Kroger freebies! I will have to add that to my calendar. Great news on the salary increase... nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is a blessing! I love the freebies. Every now and then they have some yummy ones.

      Delete
  5. I wish we had freebies that would load onto our Safeway cards. Years ago they did this but have stopped and I miss it. I just posted an update of my savings for the week on my blog. It's funny how I don't always realize just how much I have saved until I set it down in writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is amazing what you really save when you write it out. Those freebies are really nice.

      Delete
  6. I feel for you--having to do the errands. My husband has always taken over most of the errands as he tended to be out and about more with his job. Also, he doesn't seem to mind them. So, even though he is out of work still, he continues to do a lot of them. But, I am bracing myself for the time when he gets a new job--I may have to take back over doing them----not my favorite idea, but I'll manage.

    I'm glad your husband got a raise. That probably made your day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.