Saturday, January 16, 2016

Homemade From Scratch Binder & GF Baked Oatmeal

Good Saturday (or whatever day it is in your part of the World),

I had a very busy but productive day Friday. I got some deep cleaning accomplished in the Kitchen and Master Bathroom. It was a workout and I will be honest I am a little sore. *Smiles*

Just like Laine (check side bar) she always encouraged a good sweat when you clean. Yesterday, I put together a binder with recipes I am creating that works and that we like as I am making things from scratch and natural cleaners and such.




I hope to pass this to my daughter one day. Every time I make a recipe from scratch that is good I record it. I use notebook paper to save on ink and if I find a better recipe later on I can remove the old one.





I also will include homemade cleaners, body products, and herbal/natural remedies. I already had the Binder on hand and the dividers. I have had them for 3 years. I bought them to make a homemaking binder. But I just never utilize my binder. I am planning to do a different system and I will share next week.

I have folders to add printables and such. I also divided it like this for now.....

1. Bread, Mixes, Seasons, Spices
2. Breakfast
3. Lunch/Supper-Soups, Casseroles, and such
4. Snack and Desserts
5. House and Body Recipes (I will eventually separate these)

I ran out of dividers and this is what I had so I made it work.

This morning I made some Gluten Free Baked Oatmeal. It is wonderful. It taste like apple cake. NO LIE!!!!! Delicious. Can't even tell it is Gluten Free.




    I wish I could take the credit for this great recipe but I can't. Please take a look at the Gluten-Free Homemaker.
 
Do you like oatmeal? What is your FAVORITE way to eat it???? Please share. I love oatmeal and need some new ideas.
 
Blessings,
Chrissy T

10 comments:

  1. I haven't much success with baked oatmeal. I will have to give that a try. Megan loves apple pie so I am sure she would enjoy it. My favorite way to make oatmeal is in the slow cooker. My home smells wonderful when I get up and the bonus is a hot breakfast that I don't have to spend the morning making!

    Here is the link to where I shared how I make it.
    http://myheartisalwayshome.blogspot.com/2014/01/slow-cooker-oatmeal.html

    I am glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi,

      I was very skeptical. But I loved it. It was my first time making it. Hopefully it turns out right the next time. I will def try yours. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I guess I like oatmeal best in cookies, but that's not too healthy, is it? :)
    I am so impressed with how much homekeeping you are doing even with your health situation.
    I've just had a long cold and have only managed the bare minimum at home. You asked a bread question on my blog and I will answer it soon.
    About Laine, I don't know her address but I do know a sweet blogger who knows Laine in person and I think they go to the same church. Georgene @ Living on Less.
    Her blog is in my blogs sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,

      How neat. I would love to meet her or even talk to her one day. I would even like to simply mail her a card of thanks. I get more yucky feeling when things are all crazy. *Wink* but to be honest today my husband said I needed to learn to pace myself better. I tend to work really hard for a day and then be down for days. I have to get a better balance at this. It has always been a struggle of mine.

      Delete
  3. Chrissy ~ ya know you could make a blinder for your daughter on marriage tips, how to be a good wife, and mother also. I have been thinking about making one for my daughter who turns 13 this year. Course we all know that the best advice to just live it before them. I love using oatmeal. Ill have to think of some recipes for you.
    I love reading Laine Letters as well. Have a wonderful Service tomorrow at church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa,

      I was just thinking of this today. I also remembered a while back reading something on a Hope Chest. I know these are rare but this would be a neat thing to do for my daughter and make a binder as you suggested. You have a blessed service to!!

      Delete
    2. I had a hope chest ~ I loved it. Filling it with things for my own home one day. I think it would be neat to bring them back again.

      Delete
  4. Mmmm... your baked oatmeal looks and sounds delicious! I love oatmeal with a little bit of cream and aspoonful of brown sugar :)

    Also, your binder is simply lovely and such a wonderful idea! Have a blessed Sunday, Chrissy. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,

      Thank you so much. It really was amazing. I was skeptical because I have never made it. It was wonderful. Cream and Brown Sugar sounds cozy yummy.

      Delete
  5. Mmmm... your baked oatmeal looks and sounds delicious! I love oatmeal with a little bit of cream and aspoonful of brown sugar :)

    Also, your binder is simply lovely and such a wonderful idea! Have a blessed Sunday, Chrissy. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.