Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Homemade Valentine Runner & A Little Thought on Committing!

I chose the word COMMIT this year because I felt impressed to select the word "Commit" for my year to focus on. I have done this for YEARS now. Commit kept coming to me over and over. 

I set a ton of goals for the year and quickly realized how I am not committed to these goals. Day 1 came and now it is day 5 and very little have I stayed committed to.

Now before you think I am getting all negative this was a great eye opener for me. I need to see my inconsistency, over planning, and not reasonable goals are going to line me up for a stressful (mental) battle.

I kind of have a habit of over planning. I am going back to the drawing board. Another issue I am having is that I am very good at planning, scheduling, and such but doing it is ANOTHER story.

I have been quiet for a couple of days here because I have really had to just breathe a little and not get caught up with all the challenges, ideas, and thoughts. I needed to just breathe. 

ON A LIGHTER NOTE!!!!!  You can say "WHEW"!!!

I love to decorate for Valentines.  But I am not purchasing anything extra and trying to learn to use what I already have. I wanted a runner for my table. I already had a burlap with lace table runner that I got 2 years ago. I actually have 2. Someone gave them to me after a wedding. SCORE!!! So, I took one and painted hearts on it. I love it. I will use it for our Valentine Dinner.


 
 
 
You could easily do this with any type of fabric, sharpie markers, paint. I love how it turned out.
 
I hope you all have a great week.
 
Chrissy

8 comments:

  1. Your table runner turned out great! Bonus is you can't complain about the price. ;)

    Follow through is an issue for me. That is why I am going for simple year. I have big ideas and hope if I only commit to a short list then I will follow through. I can always add more things if I need/want to at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine runner is cute as can be, good job! This kind of making do is key to being happy while living on a tight budget. Just keep trying and you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouragement. I always get excited when I see you have left a comment!!!! Bless you!

      Delete
  3. My husband of 29 years recently told me how much he enjoys the way I decorate for fall and Christmas. He loves how colorful it is, and wishes I'd decorate more for other seasons. Who knew?

    We put our tree up late this year, so it's coming down this week. It will be replaced by a "winter tree" that is smaller. I'll put snowmen and snowflake ornaments on it. Many are homemade. I'll probably try to make more.

    Most of the Valentine things I had were lost to moisture in our basement this year. I'll use what I have and try to make more from what I have on hand. My big splurge was a tiny ball of cotton yarn from Hobby Lobby. It was $2.29 for 2 oz. I used a 40% off coupon, so it was inexpensive. I made 2 dishcloths which will be used only in February then put up for next year!


    Please drop by and say hello!

    Have a wonderful winter season!
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea of snowmen and such. Awesome deal for the yarn. I am making lots of my things this year as best as I can or utilizing things to make them be "valentines"! This frugal life is a fun adventure.

      Thank you for popping by. I always enjoy my visits to your blog.

      Delete
  4. I hear you! I love writing lists but fail to actually do them. I now 'preach' to myself to do-it-now-talk-about-it-later .... it is helping :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.