Saturday, January 23, 2016

I am Feeling Very Special

Earlier this week I shared that I got a surprise card here and I encouraged us (including myself) to write to someone.  Well...the very next day I got another card. Then Friday I got a package full of goodies from a dear friend that I had back in Illinois. She was a solid friend. I rock in times when I was weak. I haven't spoke to her since December and I was totally surprised by the treat. She shared with me JELLY BEANS!!!! This is our favorite treat we would share together. Then some Essential Oils, and a book for me to read to the kids. Then a sweet card!!!


This has really motivated me to be sensitive and to think how I can bless and encourage someone. So, I plan to set a goal starting this week to the end of February to send a card, letter, or a goody package to whoever the Lord puts on my heart.

Want to JOIN ME???  This can be super simple and cheap. But totally worth it to spread some happy. This week I have felt "EXTRA" loved!!!!

I needed this little spurts of cards and goodies. I love giving and I am one of those love to give type people. But rarely I get cards, and goodies. It was such a treat to me. I am looking forward to seeing who God will lead me to encourage and bless.

I will share my challenge!!!!

Blessings,
Chrissy T

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I will join you....I love brightening someone day. How nice and thoughtful of your friend. I have done this in the past and later they would tell me that the encouraging words came just in time. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Teresa!!!! You have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. What a joyous thing to do! Makes me think of the scripture that says it is better to give than to receive! Oh the joy indeed that comes when you send something to someone "just because"! Which reminds me that I have some cards that say just that! I will do it, my friend, and be so thankful to be a part of brightening someone's day unexpectedly. What a joy that you were blessed too! God is so gracious to us, isn't He! How amazing that He knew just what it would take to brighten your day.

    I'm so glad I've "met" you through blogging.. it is a joy indeed to visit you here. May the Lord continue to bless your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend!!!! I love visiting your little spot on the web as well. Blessings!!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh how sweet and thoughtful :) I so love sending "happy" mail. It's truly a joy and honor to brighten someone's day.

    You, my dear Chrissy, are so kind and beautiful! I am very thankful our paths cross through blogging. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of your friend to send you such an uplifting gift, Chrissy and just at the right time too. I have a friend on the Down to Earth forum and she and her friends decorate their envelopes as well and they do such a lovely job. I should try that one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanna Chel,

      Decorating envelopes would be fun and such a extra added special to your packages!

      Delete
  5. What a sweet surprise to get in the mail!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.