Monday, January 11, 2016

Making Bread, Rearranging, and Piddling Around

Good Monday,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I did!!! It has been a bit since I have felt so energized. To be honest I really had to push a little but I felt so good. I have been doing a few things that I believe is helping with this. But I thank Jesus because He is giving me wisdom in how to do this. My husband and I even took a walk around the lake. It was so lovely.

I spent Friday & Saturday working on my routines, schedules, and menu for the week. I pulled out the old bread machine and made a loaf of DELICIOUS SOFT bread. I like bread made by hand. I just like the experience of making it by hand. But my dear hubby encouraged me to pull it out and try a loaf. I am so glad I did.


I rearranged a few things in the home. Changed up some wall hangings, and added a little touch of Valentine things. I made a banner for my fireplace. I had bought the burlap and black design banner  2 years ago for a church function. I added some twine ribbon and Valentine hearts and gift tags. This cost me $2 total. I had bought them a while back before I cut my spending.




I want to show you my favorite piece of furniture in my home. It is my Blue Cabinet I got it at a yard sale for $50 several years ago.  I love it. I always wanted a little hutch/china cabinet. But my home in the past was too small for a big one. Several years ago I stopped by a yard sale and fell in love with it. I asked her to come down from $75 and if she would take payments (bless her heart) and once I paid it all off she even delivered it for me.



The dishes in it are from the Dollar Store except the tea cups. Those tea cups I have been collecting for 15 years. I also pulled out my cloth napkins from storage. I only have 8. But I plan to make some and add to it as time goes. I want to switch over to cloth.



Here is my Menu Plan this week.  I am using mainly what is in my pantry. It is getting super low. But God is GOOD.

We were gifted a Ham for Christmas. So, I am using it this week.

Monday- Bfast~ Muffins
               Lunch~ Rice and Veggies
               Supper~ Ham, Mash Potatoes, and Green Beans

Tuesday- Bfast~ Eggs and Fried Ham
                Lunch~ Ham Sandwich, Fruit
                Supper~ Taco's & Rice

Wednesday- Bfast~ Egg and Cheese Burritos
                     Lunch~Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
                    Supper~ Ham Alfredo, Broccoli

Thursday- Bfast~ Muffins
                 Lunch~ Leftovers
                 Supper~ Meatloaf, Potatoes, and Corn on Cob

Friday~  Bfast~ Pancakes
               Lunch~ Leftovers or Sandwiches
               Supper~ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Baked Beans, and a dessert (?)

I am mainly sharing my menu as a reference for me. I find sharing my stuff on my blog helps me be more accountable. I am so thankful for all your encouraging visits and I love visiting your blogs. One note about my menu. We cut out any spending that wasn't necessary and so we had to utilize very cheap ingredients as well as what we had on hand. I am in the process of building a Healthy Pantry Master List and begin to slowly stock it. But at this time we are eating what we have and will replace things with healthier versions as we go. My main goal was getting used to cooking from scratch with what I have on hand, planning menu's, and learning to stockpile with a very VERY limited budget. As I go I am sure I will change over to some healthier versions and learn how to save on those.

I will share the Bread Machine Recipe later this week.

Blessings Friends!

10 comments:

  1. Your menu looks delicious and satisfying!

    Make no apologies for using what God has provided for you!

    That bread looks delicious! Bread machines can save us so much time, its like having a servant to help make bread!

    Have a great week!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable cabinet and the price was fantastic! The fact that they took payments, well, you can't beat that!!

    I enjoy a day when I am able to putter around my home. Yum, fresh bread. I enjoy hand kneeding my dough, but our families don't care if we kneed it or if a machine does. All they see is something yummy to fill their tummy!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Building a pantry takes time, and I am in the process as well. We will have stocked pantries before you know it if we just keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You motivated me to start making bread again, I'm so tired of paying for it! Love the cabinet, awesome find and price! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing someone would take payments on a yard sale item.
    I love making homemade bread. With Christmas and a week of revival this past week. I have gotten away from making bread. This week should be back to normal I hope. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa,

      I was so thankful she did. It was a blessing!!!

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.