Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Favorite January Reads

Hello All,

Over the last few years I have stopped reading as much due to my season in life and I have dearly missed it. I still read over those years but mostly spiritual growth, how to be a Minister's Wife type books, and leadership books and that was rare due to time.

My season is different and so I have made a goal to commit to reading books that have been sitting on my shelves or books I have been desiring to read. 



**I am a speed reader. Which is a blessing but I have to make sure I am soaking things in so it can be challenging.**

Here are the books I have read in January. Below that I will share my favorites!


JANUARY-
PRESENT by Keri Mae Lamar (EXCELLENT)

LIVING ON HIS INCOME by Mrs. Sharon White

DETOX YOUR HOME by Katie from Wellness Mama

DIY PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS, 5 Simple Natural Recipes by Nina Nelson from Shalommama.com (E-Book)

TRUST YOUR INTUITION by Jenni Wilson (E-Book)

STEPPING HEAVENWARD by Elizabeth Prentiss (EXCELLENT)

AMISH MIRACLE by Beth Wiseman, Ruth Reid, and Mary Ellis (GREAT read)

A SLOW BURN by Mary E. Demuth  (This book was ok. The story takes a long time and I felt it was entire book on the same thing (just went in circles about the same woman) for 80 chapters (YES...80!) This book is part of a Trilogy. I didn't read the First one. I started with the second. I will not read the last. I love Trilogy books but this one is not the one for me.


First off most of the books above were wonderful or very helpful. It is hard for me to choose one so I will choose by TOP 3.





1. Stepping Heavenward....A MUST READ! I plan to buy a few of these and give as wedding gifts for young ladies. I loved this and seen myself in the lady.



2. Present.....A super read about not being caught up in social media and superficial relationships. I loved this. This helped me let go of some social media that was really bringing me down besides lifting me up. That is why I started focusing on my blog more and let go of other Social Media because this place uplifts me and the blogs I choose to read now either challenge, uplift, teach, or mentor me. And if they don't I don't read them.




3. Amish Miracles & Living on His Income....I know!!! I couldn't narrow it down. Amish Miracles was awesome and a fun read. Living on His Income....SUPER!!!!! I love every book by Mrs. Sharon White. EVERY ONE!!!!!

Have you read any books yet this year?  Share your favorites so far!!! If not, do you plan to read any?




Have you joined the Keeping Home's Book Swap??? Please Join in!!!! You have until January 31st to sign up. Comment below you want to join and shoot me an email at gotjoy4@hotmail.com. More information here.

Blessings,
Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. I don't read as much as I used to and I miss it.
    I own Mrs, Whites book and I like it so much, it's a good one to read when feeling worried or unsettled.
    This morning I had some waiting room time at 2 medical appointments and I read a very short but very sweet E book by Sarah Price called Plain & Simple Traditions : Amish & Mennonite Traditions. It is free kindle book that I got awhile back.

    Happy reading to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,

      That sounds like a book I would love.

      Delete
  2. Stepping Heavenward is an awesome book! I loved it when I read it a year or so ago. I haven't read any of the other books, and I will put them on my bucket list ... it is always good to have great recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Sharon White's books are really good.

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of Present. I'll have to see if my library has it. I have recently cut right back on social media-especially Instagram. I used to find it inspiring but no longer do. So I am only logging in once a week, rather that several times a day. I'm getting so much more done now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would love Present!! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.