Sunday, January 17, 2016

Speak to Me Sunday

"Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert."  ~ Isaiah 43:18-19
 
I love when you pray for a direct Word from the Lord and He gives it. I prayed for the Lord to encourage me and guide me in His Word. I asked that He would speak to my heart. He is so tender and amazing.
 

 
 
He really does bend down and whisper things to us. He gently shows us, guides us,and shares with us what we need right when we need it.
 
With our past year (actually...years) my husband and I, well even our children, have had major growing pains. We have felt like silly putty that has been stretched as far as it can go. We have wounds but the Lord is healing them. We have scars but once again the Lord has put His healing balm on them too. We have memories good and bad branded in our minds, hearts, and soul.
 
My husband and I even though are no longer "Pastoring" have had a hard time letting go of what could have been, what was, and why did it go like this?! This morning the Lord really showered me with encouragement.
 

 
 
I copied these verses down on a index card and I shared them with my husband. I am thankful for the former and old things. But I believe the Lord is doing a NEW thing in our lives and even though we may face the wilderness or a desert He will be ever present. I am so VERY thankful.
 
Have you been uplifted by the Word this week?  What is the Lord speaking to you about?  PLEASE share with me. I believe when we share these things we are being Salt and Light to each other. 
 
 
Blessing today friends!!!
 
 
**All Images are from Google Image Search Engine**
 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scripture the Lord gave you this morning, just perfect for your situation, and where you are at! I never cease to be amazed at how the Lord works in our hearts, even in our greatest hour of distress or discouragement. You mentioned that you are no longer pastoring, and I can only imagine the hurts and disappointments that are still in your heart from that experience. Please know you and your family are in our prayers! I just found your blog today, but will hold you up in prayer as a fellow sister in Christ. I look forward to getting to know you better. One thing I have learned through the hurts and disappointments in my own life is to understand that the fiery trial of our faith is a method the Lord uses to continue to prepare us for a greater work that He has for us. The fire does strengthen, as difficult as it is.

    May the Lord continue to bless your day in a sweet and beautiful way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words and sweet prayers. We need them. I do feel a wonderful shift in our lives and this scripture came at the right time. Blessings. I am glad you stopped by!!!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful verse of scripture just this weekend the services was for the hurting, the broken, those who fill they are on a fault line and it about to crumble under them. God sweetly came by ~healed and mended only as He can do. So thankful that you and you husband are finding the healing that you need. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.