Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Color~What is my Favorite?!

Mrs. Rabe from Creekside Cottage a bit back shared her favorite colors. It was such a fun post. Check it out here.

Well, this week I thought I would share with you my favorite colors?

When it comes to the home I am a little all over the map. But I always get drawn to BLUE! I like pops of red (burgundy type), yellow, and BLUE! I like creamy LIGHTLY yellow tinted walls and white!!!!! I like clean lines. But I also love patterns. Creamy beiges, whites, light browns, with bold colors such as blue, red (burgundy type), and yellow.

Here is a sneak peek of some color in our home.













Clothes....BELIEVE it or not I wear usually black. I don't know why I just like. It is clean and simple. I can pair it with all kinds of small pops of colors. But I do tend to try to dress what is right for my complexion and hair color. Light Fair and Red headed. I love to wear burgundy, browns, and navy.


When it comes down to it....I am always drawn to BLUE when it comes to the home, knick knacks, journals, coffee cups, dishes.

For clothes my eye always likes clean black lines and navy.


What about you???

20 comments:

  1. I love color and I love seeing it other peoples homes too! I think your house is warm and welcoming, and the colors are just right with your neutrals!

    Thanks for linking to my post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am red-head also, I love colors such as mint, purple,and navy blue on me. But I mostly wear what ever I think that is pretty. For the home I am drawn to blues, sea greens, tans. (ocean colors) I love pattern as well. In my home there isn't much of what I love yet. I am working on it. We sold everything to pay for adoption. My furniture and such was given to us to help us out. I am working on replacing it. Slooowly. Have a wonderful day dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. We sold all our furniture and decorations when went to Pastor. I goodwilled, nickel dimed, and even picked up others trash to make treasure.

      Delete
  3. Good morning Chrissy,

    I love your blues, so pretty!

    I love red, decorating with it and wearing it; it's such a happy, energetic color. I think red looks especially good on brunettes.

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love red as well. It always makes me happy.

      Delete
  4. My favorite color all around is blue. Various shades of it. My clothing is also mostly blue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue is by far my favorite color. Once our garage is complete I plan to add blue behind the washer and dryer. I also like the burgundy shade of red. I use that color often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue in your photos, Chrissy. Now that I have let my hair go grey the clothes colours I choose have changed accordingly.,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks very pretty and welcoming. I love blue too - Cobalt blue being my favorite. Mostly I am drawn to earth tones - browns, greens and then blues and purples. I do love other colors too but those are the ones I tend to choose first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about earth tones. I do like them as well.

      Delete
  8. I love that Blue hutch - fabulous. As a minister's wife do you have to move house much when you get shifted to different congregations? I know other couples in the ministry who find this challenging as it slowly ruins all their furnishings with each move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can. We just made a move. But not too much. We try hard to take care of the stuff. I got that hutch for a deal a BIG deal at a yard sale.

      Delete
  9. Loved the peek inside your home... aqua, it speaks to my heart! Love it! I love touches of color too... enjoyed your sharing of the colors and things that make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors and pics! :)

    My favorite color is yellow - BRIGHT yellow! I also love black and then bold blue (like my couch on my header) and then orange, lime green - you get the idea, BOLD colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your bold colors I have seen on your site here and there.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.