Friday, February 5, 2016

Favorite Frugal Tip~ Frugal & Thrifty Week 6

I have A LOT of frugal tips that I like. I get sucked in very quickly when I see a post or a pin that says the word "FRUGAL or THRIFTY".

There are so many great tips, clever tricks, and advice. Some really can save you so much and help you in so many ways.

Today though I will share what my favorite tip is.......

*Prayer*

Yep, I know it isn't what you thought. But it reaps so much savings. *Prayer* before going in the store has led me to many savings and sales. It is amazing. I learned from Laine that this was something she did and since I started I always find meat sales, and also make better choices in the store.


When you pray that God will lead you to make good decisions in the store and stay on track you have that in your heart when you enter the store and you will stay more focused. I tend to go over my cart several times to check for any impulse choices I may have snuck in and I usually always end up finding something and put it back. This helps me not purchase things that aren't necessary.

Some encouragement that God is an ON TIME GOD!!!!

What is your favorite frugal tips???

13 comments:

  1. I haven't been diligent with my prayer before shopping. I prayed before I shopped this week and had a great trip. I ended up with Free! bread and about half of my grocery budget left. I did pass up a few good deals, but that is okay. I also made sure to give thanks that I was lead to some good deals and was a good steward of what has been given to me in my grocery budget. I think we sometimes get so caught up in the big things that we forget that God cares about all the details of our lives, big and small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome. It is easy to forget about the blessings of small. :)

      Delete
  2. Pray as you go! I love it, and it is a great tip. What a joy to know that we can take such simple requests before the Lord and He honors us! A wonderful tip indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very true. When things are especially tight, I pray even more.
    Blessings!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true and something I need to be more mindful of doing. We are so blessed and so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs Chrissy, I wear skirts 24/7 and modest ones are so hard to find. I have always prayed asking God to help me find some dress skirts or jean skirts before I go shopping. He has never failed me on this. I will come home with one skirt that fits perfect, the right length and for a cheap price. Praise Him for meeting the need. (In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God concerning you. I Thessalonians 5:18) Have a wonderful evenings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wear the same. 😀 I have done the same and usually always get very blessed.

      Delete
  6. This is a great tip. I should remember to do this more often. I don't enjoy shopping very much (I try to do it as little as possible) so it would be useful for me to pray to keep a good attitude while I shop as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also dislike shopping. It sure helps. :)

      Delete
  7. I so agree with you about praying before you shop. God really does help guide us to great bargains. I know I sometimes feel that "nudge" to go to a particular store and sure enough, there is something there that we have needed at a great price. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree with you about praying before you shop. God really does help guide us to great bargains. I know I sometimes feel that "nudge" to go to a particular store and sure enough, there is something there that we have needed at a great price. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.