Monday, February 15, 2016

Monday Meanderings

Meandering means a winding course. Today's post is a Hodge Podge of things really. I thought Meandering sounded divine. I just love the sound. Yes...I told you all I love words.

We had a lovely visit with my grandmother. Just Hannah and I went. We stopped by the beach for  few minutes during our travel. It was decently warm and the tide was out. Hannah enjoyed the freedom of it all. She is such a free spirit. She ran through the low tide shouting "I am free".



I made a yummy strawberry shortcake. It was divine. We ate way too much. We watched Hallmark Movies and cuddled up.

My grandmother was sad to see us go and we really didn't want to leave. Seemed like it went really fast.


On a different note I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's. We had a sweet day and my Sis N Law invited us for lunch after church. She made yummy chicken pot pie and I brought a cake.

I joined our church choir and last night was my first night going. I enjoyed it. I was nervous. Our church is very large and it was quite an eye opener when you are standing in front of everyone.

I had a choir robe and all. My kids were smiling at me and waving at me from their seat....*smiles*!

This week looks like it will be off track a little as we will travel out of town with my husband for business and for him to preach out. We are planning to see one of my best friends that I talk to weekly but haven't seen in a year and half. I am thrilled to say the least.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

16 comments:

  1. The beach and no winter coat... looks warm to me! How fun that the kids were waving at you! A memory to treasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...warm sand and sun. Sounds like a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these real meandering posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of my posts are meandering ones! lol. Sounds like you have a fun week planned. Road trips are always enjoyable! Have fun with your friend! That must be exciting. I have a couple of out-of-state friends that I haven't seen in years. I would love to have a nice visit with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thrilled. I needed this and I am so thankful to be able to.

      Delete
  5. Oh so fun! How wonderful to spend this time with your grandmother, and get to see the beach, wow! Love it :) Have a blessed time this week with your husband and kids, and visiting with your dear friend, praying the Lord blesses you on this little getaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beach photo, Chrissy. Do have a lovely time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberry shortcake...mmm, that sounds wonderful! I have had that in ages and now you have me craving it {{smiles}}

    Such a sweet post, my friend. It was a delight visiting you this evening. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad for your visit. I love when you do. The cake was super yummy.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful time. I'm with Stephanie, Strawberry Shortcake sounds terrific. Yes. Capitalized. I. Like. It. That. Much. ~smile~

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.