Sunday, February 7, 2016

Speak to Me Sunday

"When you eat and drink to the glory of God, sleep no more than may make you serviceable unto God; when your solitary musings are about the engaging of your souls to God; when your social conference is about the things of God; when all acts of worship endear God to you; when your duties bring you nearer to God; when the love of God is the sweetness of your mercies, and your cordial under afflictions, when you can love God under amazing providences, as well as under refreshing deliverances; then you may be said to love God with all your souls."  ~Samuel Annesley, 1661



Is this not so beautiful? Full of truth! How I want to be able to say this.  I will honestly say I do not live up to all this....but I aim for it. I want my heart to be captivated by the Lord. I want to be FULL of LOVE for Him.



Yet everyday my heart is pulled in so many different directions. Oh, how I believe BUSY can be such a distraction. It can blind us, rob us, and lead us astray from the Lord.

Once I read this in a little newsletter...

B-Busy
U-Under
S-Satan's
Y-Yolk



Do we let the cares of this life replace our time with God? Do we stay so busy even with things that are "Good" that we miss moments of drinking from the Lord's cup of refreshment. Are we a Martha? Are we a Mary?


We do have to perform Martha duties but we have to make sure we have Mary Experiences.

"Be Suspicious of every thing that may steal or divert your love from God." ~ Samuel Annesley 1661

Blessings,
Chrissy

10 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful paragraph.

    I am a Martha, I think I should of been named Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am mostly. I loved this paragraph. I read it in my devotion this week and it is so convicting.

      Delete
  2. Great quote! I feel that there is a such a pull to busyness and then it has that tendency to just swallow us up in it. I'm constantly fighting from being in its power. You feel "fulfilled" when you are super busy - look at all I did you say to yourself. I was just reading a post online about this LOL! I also came across a book that looked interesting called, "Rest Assured: A Recovery Plan for Weary Souls." I haven't read it yet, just read some quotes from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. We do get a fix when we feel we accomplished things. Sadly if those things aren't investing in eternal more than external there will be sad results.

      Delete
  3. A wonderful post, Chrissy.. It is something I need to keep reminding myself to put Him first in every part of my day... God bless.xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. I have to remind myself daily.

      Delete
  4. I'm Mary and Martha at different times.
    Thanks for giving me something to think about tonight Chrissy.

    Be blessed dear lady!

    Please drop by and say hello!
    ஐღLauraღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what I strife for...all to Jesus. Having our Mary time at Jesus feet each morning. Asking the Lord to help us and teach us in our daily task. Quieting our hearts at His feet...to hear Him speak to our hearts. Then when those Martha times comes..we will have a song of praise in our hearts and on our lips. Lovely thought my friend ~ Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a lovely thought. You are so true...we can't not ever have Martha moments but we can have that Mary's heart in the Martha World. :)

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.