Friday, March 4, 2016

Fresh Flowers~Blessing Our Home (Day 5)

Nothing speaks to me like a vase of fresh flowers. I love fresh flowers. I miss being in Solomon Islands. Every where we turned fresh flower arrangements were displayed. They hired people just to make arrangements for the hotels, eating places, and shops every day. EVERY DAY! In the market there were containers of fresh flowers to buy for the business' and people took advantage of the natural tropical beauty growing in their own yards to sell to those that make these arrangements.

 


One of the duties of the Pastor's wives was to make fresh flower arrangements (SEVERAL) every service. EVERY SERVICE. You might walk into a little hut for church but it would be beautified with some of the most exotic and beautiful tropical flower arrangements. It is their way to add beauty to very humble places.



Buy a cheap bouquet this weekend. Or if you have them in your yard go gather some flowers. Bless your home with fresh flowers. My kids and husband never feel is it is a waste. My husband loves fresh flowers. I usually can find very cheap bouquets once a month from the grocer. I got the flowers above for $4. I know that may seem wasteful to some but it is a special way to beautify your home.


Bless you all!

14 comments:

  1. Ahh... fresh flowers! They are simple yet so refreshing. I always check for those with the clearance sticker. Sometimes they are great other times not worth the money as they are on their last leg. If I ask hubby to run by the store for something quick he often returns with a bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of your husband. Have a super weekend.

      Delete
  2. I love fresh flowers.. Fresh flowers is a must in a room or two in our home. My hubby loves fresh flowers as much as I do also. Enjoy your southern warm weather. Ours is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am really enjoying it. :)

      Delete
  3. Chrissy, this post brought back a flood of memories for me of growing up in Hawaii and the gorgeous flowers everywhere! Their perfumes would float on the wind to add to the beauty of the moment. I am so glad that I always took the time to appreciate them and stop and smell their tropical blooms. Today I gazed upon the delicate crocuses in all their yellow and purple glory that are blooming in my front yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you seen and smelled some amazing flowers. Crocuses are so pretty.

      Delete
  4. We have lots of flowers here, Chrissy. At the moment there are heaps of dahlias in bloom. Our city is well known for its gardens so we are surrounded by beautiful flowers. The frangipani trees are flowing at present too. We don't have one but you would have seen lots of them in the Solomon Islands I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the things that makes my heart sing about summer is bringing flowers in for the table. Some years I'm able to plant nice cutting flowers. Other years, we just pick wild meadow flowers from the fields around our home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going out to gather wildflowers and creating some bouquets for the home. I don't do it often but when I do it makes my heart sing.

      Delete
  6. I love fresh flowers too! We have been thinking about that a lot today as I have a Bridal show that I am going to this weekend (I have a wedding flower business) and so I ordered in a bunch of flowers for that. I will make them into bouquets and take them to the show and then afterwards we will bring them home again to enjoy and also to share with others. Doing shows is always fun as I can make all sorts of arrangements to give to others and they get to have something to brighten their day too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.