Thursday, March 24, 2016

Just Some "Happy"!

Hello friends! I hope you all are having a good week. I have had a good week so far.  I am not getting really anything accomplished other than daily things and that is okay. I worked hard the last few weeks and to be honest my body, soul, and heart needed some basics and "happy"!

Here are some "happy" photos taken over my mother's visit, and during this week.


This is our read aloud right now! We loves James Herriot! This book is so delightful!






 Easter Goodies my mother left and "demanded" we not open until Easter. *Smiles*

 My mother and I went to the historic part of my town and browsed at shops. It was fun!


My mother having way too much fun posing! She was being silly! I love we can let your guard down and have some silly fun! Nothing beats laughter!



We visited a historic old book store that had all kinds of goodies new and old. Antique books! And Tasha Tudor work. It was very sweet looking. I will say though, not the most friendliest staff which is super sad! Because this could be a little gem of a place to visit if you were made to fill like a guest.



Mom and I eating at Mexican because this is one of our favorite eats!


Sporting my "Beautiful Slow" tee shirt inspired by Monica and The Homespun Heart.


 I made a mix of Italian Bread crumbs to coat my chicken to make Parmesan Chicken. I Used plain crumbs (that is what I had), garlic powder, parsley, parmesan, salt, pepper and MY FRIENDS the chicken was FABO!

I am just finishing this week out. I have lots of things that should be done but honestly I am just embracing each day and being "intentionally slow" but I am also fighting laziness. *Smiles*

Bless you all!

18 comments:

  1. Good morning Chrissy,

    Your place looks so lovely. How wonderful for you and your mother to have such fun together. That bookstore does look like a cozy place.

    I have been relaxing this week, enjoying a very much needed break. I have been walking every morning with my husband, and then a little later in the morning with my daughter. Spring is such a beautiful time, such lovely weather!

    :)Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello friend,

      I also have been walking. I have a gym membership but it is so beautiful outside I just can't justify going there. :)

      Hugs,
      Chrissy

      Delete
  2. Love the planters going down the steps. Pretty! It looks like you had an amazing time with your mom. :) It is sad about the bookstore. Such a cozy place.

    It is raining, more like pouring, here today. It makes me feel lazy. Megan and I did manage to make it out to get our hair trimmed and conditioned. (One of those must with longer hair!) My father-in-law and his wife will be visiting this evening so I need to find the energy to tidy up a bit.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Wendi,

      It is also rainy here and I had to really push myself today. REALLY!!! Smiles. Have a good evening with family.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely visit with your mom. That's special. I love Mexican food too! And old bookstores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wonderful time. By the way I love your profile picture.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely time with your mom..I love your taste in decorations. We are seeing rain also...Sunday will be our one and only day next week for SUN! Happy Easter Sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy we have had beautiful weather and Sunday is suppose to be awful!

      Delete
    2. Oh thank you for your sweet comment.

      Delete
  5. Happy Easter! Im glad you had such a nice time with your Mum and love the presents she left you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend. I am excited as well. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad to hear that you had a beautiful slow week... the best kind! Loved the picture of you and your sweet mother, so awesome to spend that special time together! Your home looks so cozy and inviting, love the little peeks into your life! I liked the idea with the doilies and such hung on the wall, so cute! Always a joy to visit you Chrissy, and if I don't get back before Easter, may this Easter be a joyful and blessed one for your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a super wonderful blessed Easter friend!

      Delete
  7. What a happiness you've shared, dear Mrs.Chrissy, you truly blessed my heart with joy !

    May your Easter celebrations be Joyous and Happy as ever before, I wish it to you with all my heart, with sincere gratitude

    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet friend,

      Thank you for visiting. I love when you do. Happy Easter!

      Delete
  8. Those were some fun pictures of what looks like a fun week. We really enjoy James Herriot too. Though with his unabridged books I have had to be careful as I read aloud to carefully skip the profanity that is in their fairly regularly. Also sometimes I would skip the stories that had a large portion of Alcohol in the story. The books for kids though I have found to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures and your mom looks like she would be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh. Sounds like a wonderful time spent with your mom.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.