Friday, March 11, 2016

Making Beauty In The Midst of Decluttering (Day 10)

Hello everyone!  I have not drowned in clutter yet!!! I am so thankful! It really hasn't been too bad due to our recent move. It is amazing how quick clutter can accumulate once you "declutter". It really has to be an ongoing plan to check and take care of it. I see now the purpose of "Flylady's" Boogie Fling and all that "jazz" she does to keep clutter at bay.


I did find that I was more motivated to "Bless our Home" while I have been decluttering. It has been super rainy here.  So, I made a big pot of homemade chicken and dumplings, green beans, and creamy corned corn bread. I found some tulips on sale already in the pot for $3. I had a simple beautiful setting for us one evening for supper.



I got all that I mentioned accomplished this week. I feel so relieved. Here are some areas I did and tasks that I have been putting off now marked off the mental to do list.

Hannah's Closets and bedroom totally clutter free and organized

Laundry/Office Room bottom cabinets and drawers clutter free and organized

I weeded through my closet and donated 2 bags of clothes I no longer wear

I cleaned my bedroom drawers out



I made the Eye Dr appointment for my son

Got the van's tires and oil changed (Husband did this)

Got Lexi (our dog) to the vet to get her ear's checked. She has an ear infection and I had been trying home remedies but it was not working.

                                                    Rain! Rain! Rain! Rain!

Took the kids to the park. Took the kids skating!

Bought a fern, a few flowers, and spiffed the deck up

Organized Bill, File, and Information Holder

Ordered Checks

Ordered address labels

Half way read a book I am reviewing for Bethany Publishing

I went to the gym finally (2 times) but hey it is a start!!!


                                                          Making Dumplings


Cleaned off a table that was just collecting dust and donated it

Got our library cards!!!! YAY!

Took ALL the bags that came out of our closets, drawers, cabinets, and such to the donation center

I am very pleased with what was accomplished this week. I will say though we did take Spring Break so my kids only read this week. The weather on the most part was beautiful and my kids played outside a lot. This helped me be able to do all these things.

Hannah's creation!!!



Just in case you think my week was perfect or I was supermom I promise we had our bumps and bruises. But I did find time to make beauty, slow down, clean out, and freshen up. I feel a liberty. It is refreshing!!!

Have a Super Day!

17 comments:

  1. Chrissy, you are powering on. Well done with all you are achieving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a lot of good things you got accomplished... it always feels so good doesn't it! I made chicken and dumplings this week too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Chrissy, it is autumn here and I am doing the same things! i guess Im spring cleaning in autumn but it feels really good. One thing that helps me give away clutter is having a charity op shop near by that Inreally love to support. Its one that raises money to send Doctors to regions that never normally would get one. So things that are not useful to me I think of how much money thye vould raise and someone will get to see a Doctor.
    Also I am painting as well so things are looking fresh and clean. Lots of work still to do but seeing results!
    You are doing great! With love, Annabel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annabel!!! I so glad to hear from you friend.

      Delete
  4. YOu have been really busy. I hope your dogs ears heal quickly. I was wondering if you could share your recipe for the creamy corned corn bread, it sure sounds yummy on this cold and rainy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,

      Her ears are doing better already. I sure can share. Give me a bit to collect it all.

      Delete
  5. YOu have been really busy. I hope your dogs ears heal quickly. I was wondering if you could share your recipe for the creamy corned corn bread, it sure sounds yummy on this cold and rainy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderfully productive week you've had! I was sick most of the week, but I'm on the mend. I look forward to starting a little spring cleaning this week.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been a busy lady! Doesn't it feel good? Keep up the the great work, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it felt good to get so much accomplished. I hope you are having a wonderful relaxing weekend after all that hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,

      I am pooped!!! LOL! I had a busy weekend but I am trying to squeeze in some quick Sunday relaxing between church services.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.