Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Still Meditating on Our Help

I shared this verse last week but it is just lingering in my mind and heart. I love when that happens. I always feel my hope and faith rise when I have a Word that keeps coming to my heart over and over. I believe that is a specific word God is impressing on me for a reason and this verse is encouraging because I would rather have God the maker or heaven and earth on my side and be my help. I know that with Him all things are possible.



"Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth." ~ Psalm 124:8

How powerful is that?! How encouraging is this?!

I mean when you think of the creation around us, the beauty of it, the depth of it, the mysteries of the making of the Earth and Heavens and that CREATOR is on OUR SIDE and is OUR HELP.....WOW!!!!

I have been thinking of this bird called the Lark. There are several types of larks and most our in the Old World and only one type of Lark is in North America.

I got to thinking of this bird because my daughter and I have been watching an older series called Lark Rise to Candleford. Which is a wonderful wholesome series that my daughter and I have enjoyed so much. Anyway, they mention the Larks quite often and the music they make at dawn and how beautiful it is. Then in some of my devotions and readings of late I have read quotes from historical preachers mentioned these Larks at times. They encourage to be as a Lark at daybreak unto the Lord. Because the Lark's sing beautifully at daybreak.



Singing and Making Melody in our hearts unto the Lord. I know that is what those little Lark's are doing. God created these magnificent birds that are known to have one of the most beautiful sounds in bird sounds. That God who created that tiny little creature also created me and HE IS OUR HELP!

I know this all sounds really out there...but I wanted to encourage us see a bigger picture than what we see now.  His eye is on the sparrow and I know HE watches US!



And because of that we can sing because we are happy, we can sing because we are free. Free from worries, free from fear, free from bondage, because HE IS OUR HELP! If he cares about birds...HE CARES ABOUT US!


There are several neat videos that come up of Lark Birds and there songs. Google them if you have a chance.  Let us sing and make melody in the LORD!

What can you sing about today?  I am singing because I am thankful for His Love for me! What about you?

8 comments:

  1. I am singing today because God gave me the most wonderful man to share my life with. :) My husband shows his love to me, our children and our grandchildren in so many ways, both big and small on a daily basis. Recently some of our kids faced some really tough things happening all in a row that are going to cost them thousands of dollars. My husband stepped in and told me he wanted to bless them with a new dishwasher since theirs had died and with my DIL having a bad injury to her hand requiring surgery this week, she was unable to wash dishes by hand. I immediately got on line and found one for them. It should be in tomorrow and then my husband will get it installed for them. :) Money is tight for us, but my hubby saw a need and wanted to make life easier for them since our son works long hours and our DIL is busy raising and homeschooling our grandsons and also working a part time job. With her injury, she is not able to do a lot of the things she previously could do and can't work right now either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a thing to sing about. What a blessing.

      Delete
  2. Hello dear. I have been singing the words..
    I will cherish the old rugged cross
    Till my trophies at last I lie down
    And I will cling to the old rugged cross
    And exchange it someday for a crown...
    What A wonderful Savior..
    Lovely post...
    God bless my friend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love that song too! What hope we have!

      Delete
  3. The song keep singing today is on my blog....He walks with me and talks with me and tells me I am HIS own...praise Him for being our all in all.
    I loved the scripture you shared today and the hope you reminded us of.
    Grace and peace to you today dear one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sing about the fact that my daughter is a wonderful mother and very involved in her church in ministries that are reaching out to other young mums where she lives. Plus I have three beautiful grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are in a big Storm in our life right now, My song is Hallelujah Anyhow ,no matter what comes our way I am praising Him Anyhow. Go here and be blessed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ94bmAjhEg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard this song the other day by Don Moen, and it will get your spirits lifted! God is Good! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt-OouIx8Lk&ebc=ANyPxKo6FSdMlR0Jyt5_HOdygX18DIsVXGNA6bPxx5yjgn_2z6TX-V_gyPeHKArt2uR0XN7b3KRI--p0m4SRsygyxK1usxhcIw

    Love this post and your thoughts about the lark singing! We can sing in spite of our circumstances because with Jesus there is always hope! Love and appreciate you dear Chrissy, have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.