Sunday, April 3, 2016

40 Days of Decrease- Book Review

We ache deep within to meaningfully honor Christ's resurrection. Yet, in practice, this focal point in the liturgical calendar is often a celebration of a public holiday more than it is of humanity's hope.

40 Days of Decrease invites readers to walk with Jesus through holy decrease of less and loss that led Him cross-ward and beyond. Each day offers meaningful consideration of Jesus' journey through reading and reflection and then issues a challenging daily fast.



Written by Alicia Britt Chole this book has deepened my experience with Jesus and opened my eyes to the TRUE meaning of Passover, Easter, and beyond. This book should be saved in your memory to purchase before Easter next year. You will be transformed and will draw closer to the Lord during the journey towards the Cross.

I can't express to you how wonderful this Easter (LENT) devotional is. As a person who has never practiced lent but was in search to make Easter more about Jesus and less about food, bunnies, and candy this book did that for me.

It also showed me views from the disciples point and even the accusers. Each day is a perfect length.  It opens up with a snippet leading to the cross starting at the journey to Jerusalem all the way to the tomb. There is a challenge, and a encouragement of daily fasting (not in the way you think either), and scripture reading. It also shares snippets about what lent means, how it was started, is it something required, and the myths of it as well.

This by far has been a top book that I have read so far this year.

Information of the author

I can not give the you such a wonderful bio of this author without sending you to her own website and watch her wonderful Bio Video and meet her family. Check it out here.


I was given a free copy by BOOK LOOK BLOGGERS of this book for my review.

I rate this book 5 stars!!!

Thanks for reading my review!

Chrissy

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like a book that I would love to read.. Thank you.. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really a super great read. I am changed in my heart.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I'm visiting from Amber's and am glad I stopped by.
    I am your newest follower, and am looking forward to visiting again. Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Billie Jo!!!! I am so glad you visited. Thanks for following. Blessings.

      Delete
  3. Hello, dear Chrissy! Thank you for this review...it sounds wonderful! I am praying for you, sweet friend, and believing God to bless you abundantly! Sending you much love and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I love your prayers and comments. I always feel encouraged when you pop by. Blessings.

      Delete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.