Saturday, April 9, 2016

Stepping Out of the Box~ Family Serving

Today my family (except Ethan-he had other plans) went to the Mississippi Food Warehouse and helped fill 30 pound boxes to be distributed to the homeless and needy in the state. It was such a neat experience and I am so excited to do it again next month. We had a blast!! We were tired at the end.

Here are some pictures from our day!








 The kids learned a lot and we made some friends. It has been different since we moved here in September to a new state and actually to an entire different region (Midwest to South). The church we go to now is super large and while there is things to do there we feel we can also be light to the community. We help where we can in the local church but there is a dying, hurting, and lost world out there and to be honest sometimes the only time you can shine Jesus is when you step out of your box and get OUT and shine!

They host this event the 2nd Saturday of each month. This is something we plan to make a part of our lives.

Blessings,
Chrissy

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend your day together!!!!
    Always so inspiring here!
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visits. They always encourage me. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is just wonderful! We love doing things like this, too...oh, it is SO sweet to give to those who cannot give back...to be Jesus' hands and His feet in this desperate-for-love world. My heart is so heavy! I have been in an intense intercessory prayer time...today is day #48. I want to see our nation turn back to God. I want to see positive change. And people like you and your family are making that happen. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also experiencing a deep heaviness. Yesterday during prayer I cried and cried. I called my husband and told him I was so heavy and I felt as if I was in mourning. I began intercessory prayer as well.

      Delete
  3. Your family is being such a blessing and showing the world Christ in you.. God bless my sweet friend.. And you all look so dear.. xo

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.