Monday, July 11, 2016

A True Wife & A Personal Email Letter from Laine

"The true wife needs to be no mere poet's dream, no artist's picture, no ethereal lady too little for use, but a woman healthful, strong, practical industrious, with a hand for life's commons duties, yet crowned with that beauty which a high and noble purpose gives to a soul."




"Every true wife makes her husband's interest own."



"A true wife by her character and by her conduct proves herself worthy of her husband's trust. Her husband has confidence in her affection; he knows that her heart is unalterably true to him. He has confidence in her management; he confides to her the care of the household. He knows that she is true to his interests, that she is prudent and wise, not wasteful not extravagant."




All the quotes above are from the book Home Making by J. R. Miller. I highly suggest you to read this book.

By the way....I am not perfect in any of the above quotes...I am daily aiming. I fail. I move on. I keep moving on. Keep seeking, working, and striving to be the best I can be.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear friends,

I cannot tell you the surprise, blessing, and honor I got when I opened my email up a few days ago to see an email from Laine. First, I thought it was a spam type joke when I seen the name and subject. But when I opened it up and I began to read I was more than thrilled. She shared with me a friend of hers (someone that must pop on my blog...thank you) told her about my recent post I shared on her letters. She was thrilled to know her letters meant and ministered still all these years later.

She updated me on her family. They are all doing well and she has grandbabies and expecting one very soon. She seems to be so happy in her season of life. They are raising their adopted daughter that is 6 years old and homeschooling her. Talk about being the hands and feet. Laine sure is a wonderful example of this.

I was so honored she took the time to email me and update me on her life. I know some may think I put her on a pedestal . I do not do that but I do think very highly of her and I appreciate the God Given calling she had when she wrote her letters. There are so few women like Laine and I am very thankful to have come across her in the blog world. I know she is human and is not perfect but she is a wonderful role model to follow. While the world chases their role models that have nothing to do with the Lord I will give respect and honor where it is due. I am thankful for her Biblical Example and help she has shined in my life even though just through writings.

I pray you all have a superb week. I have plans to work on my living room today and put some up books for sale. I am so thrilled to be feeling better. But I will PACE myself.

We are doing pork chops, yam patties, and corn for supper. What is on your menu?

Blessings,

Chrissy










8 comments:

  1. How sweet of Laine! I always thought she was genuine and this certainly reinforces that. You must be on Cloud 9🙂

    About supper, 2 grands are here and my parents and brother will join us. I'm making a Mexican casserole with rice and refried beans and salsa from my husbands homegrown tomatoes. My brother gave me almost a gallon of wild blackberries and requested I make blackberry muffins. I've never done that but will give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice you heard from Laine, Chrissy. I first heard about her from Annabel on The Bluebirds are Nesting. When I was bringing up my children we had no internet so my source of help was from James Dobson's books and there wasn't much else around at the time. Young mums are spoiled for choice these days though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quotes from Home Making--I have that book!! It is a gem. What a great resource for us.

    And it is great to hear an update on Laine. Her letters impacted me greatly. We DO need godly role models, and I agree she deserves respect and to know that she is impacting lives!

    God bless!
    www.acorkerslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my friend, I know your heart must have been ready to explode with joy when you opened that e-mail. How thoughtful of her to send you a special note.

    We ended up dining out this evening. I have been in the garden most of the day and I am beat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissy,
    I was thrilled when Laine told me she had contacted you. I've been reading how much you are encouraged by her old letters, and I just had to tell her. She helped me many years ago to get through my early years of having lots of kids (4 to me was lots) with little money and energy! ~smile~ I'm glad to help.

    Be blessed!
    Please drop by and say hello!
    ஐღ Mrs. Laura Lane ღஐ
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    ...doing what I can with what I've got where I am
    on a short shoestring budget!
    ~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Chrissy! Oh what a blessing to have heard from Laine! I was so blessed (and still am) by her letters. I was a you homeschooling mom when I first found her. She and I have some children that are about the same age so I could so relate to her. I printed off many of her letters and recipes and keep them in a big binder and still refer back to them even though I am now in my grandparenting years.

    Be blessed my friend and I am so happy for you!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is WOW! I love Laine Letter so much. I have the book by JR Miller called "Home Beautiful" I love his writings. Take Care Sweet Friend. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so nice of Laine ♥
    Blessings

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.