Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Day 3- Intentional Rest Amongst Intentional Living

THIS DAY!!! Wow! Was busy! True Intentional Living was going on here. School, Cleaning, and errands. I took my son today (my oldest) to his first Interview today. He got his first "official" job at Chick Fi La. I am so thankful. He can have Sunday, Wednesday, and nights for church activities off. I love this company and what they stand for. So, I am very thankful for God blessing him with this opportunity. He will have a lot on his plate from homeschooling, college classes, church events, and now working.
                                          Hannah's painting she did for me for this Fall.

I love being able to do all this but I will be honest I am tired. Like we all are I am sure. I had a little hard time finding rest today. When my husband came home he could tell I needed to CHILL. So, he told me to SIT DOWN. *Smiles* So,  I did. I grabbed a mini brownie, a book, and my laptop, and I so I am enjoying a few moments of rest as I type.



Blogging is a form of rest for me. Hint- This is why I have a hard time keeping up with my blog. I never sit down to do it. But it is quiet right now. Kids are out playing, husband went on a walk, chicken in the oven baking, lima beans are simmering, and the rumbling of the dryer going in the background. Peaceful MOMENT.




My form of resting is writing on this dear old blog and looking forward to hopefully peaking around my favorite blogs that inspire me before supper time hits today.

What did you do today find rest???

Blessings,
Chrissy

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son on his job! That is wonderful. :) I love Hannah's painting, it's very pretty and she sure captured the wonderful colors of the leaves. Did you make that adorable little owl? Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,

      I thought Hannah did great also. I didn't make the owl I got it at Dollar General a few years ago.
      Blessings.

      Delete
  2. There must have been something in the air yesterday. I also had a busy day and unfortunately I had a mini melt down when hubby got home. I was feeling the stress and then I burned the the shells for our tacos. Ugh! That was all it took for me to become an ugly mess. Thankfully hubby scooted me out the back door and told me to relax for a minute. The planned tacos became nachos which made my family happy. :)

    I worked at Chick-fil-A for six years through high school and college. It is a wonderful company to work for! I still have connections to some of those I worked with as a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can feel you on so many levels.
      I am so glad he gets to work there.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your son on his new job, great place to work. I love what they stand for. Enjoy your slow days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you are able to find time to rest aka blog! That is wonderful that you have such a supportive husband, and your kids are so precious too. How wonderful that your son will get to work for such a great company. Hugs to you today dear friend, always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your son's job goes well! I have honestly never been to ChickFiLa! Everyone raves about it and I would love to try it...as I love their values as well! We just don't have one super close to me. I am sure I will try it *some* day! :)

    To find rest...I take naps! I try to, at least. Now that my children are older, I can trust they are okay if I need a little siesta in the afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too blog & read blogs for rest. That's what I am doing right now. The little kiddos are out playing in our beautiful, fall weather. I have my feet kicked up in the recliner as I type. How wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.