Thursday, October 6, 2016

Day 4 Intentional Rest Amongst Intentional Living

My friends today was a full day of school. I am finding myself trying to pace myself to SLOW as I am busy. If I notice I am walking really fast I try to slow down and breathe. If I find myself getting stressed I just slow down and breathe. Today we did a lot of read alouds, took a nice nature hunt outside, and even read a book outside. I am just sharing some pictures of things going on around here at Keeping Home.















We are learning all about Trees along with our everyday study. We are having fun. The kids and I did some investigating with bark and they found some sticky resin from Pine Trees. Did some bark rubbings which wasn't as interesting as we thought people made it sound. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast (they did not me) and we made cookies for a snack. It was simple premade cookies but it works for us when we are busy and they loved it. We are reading "My Side of the Mountain" by Jean Craighead George. It is a fun read so far. Long a little but fun. It is a classic. We have been listening to "The Diary of Anne Frank" on audio when we are driving around and they love it so much. WE can't wait until we go on errands. We may end up bringing it inside and listening to it on the computer. As we do not have a CD player. Today was busy but amongst it all there was rest. I enjoyed snuggle moments as we read on the bed and outside. I enjoyed breezes in my face as I took a walk today. I enjoyed catching up blogs while doing laundry. Don't ask how I do this. Smiles!


How did find rest??

Blessings,
Chrissy

10 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissy, Love the photo's of your slow day. Our day was busy, we went shopping for clothes to take our family photo tomorrow. We enjoyed our day out dining and shopping. Take Care sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day! Loved those homemade pizzas and the sweet smiles of your kids! You are doing an AMAZING job as you homeschool your sweet kids, and you are always in my prayers dear friend! Hugs to you today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Individual pizza are always fun! It sounds like a good day. Busy with a mix of slow. Just the kind of day I like! My down time yesterday was mowing. I know it sounds weird. It is just me, my thoughts, the hum of the rider and the great outdoors for a hour. It gives me time to think and clear my cluttered little mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    Oh, those pizzas look like such fun - I just LOVE pizza! And, my oh my do those cinnamon rolls look delicious! Such wonderful temptations!

    Laundry and blogging - sounds like such fun!

    Happy Friday,
    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope,
      So good to hear from you. Many blessings.

      Delete
  5. Looks lovely!
    I am trying to find times to slow down myself.
    Have a cozy evening. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie Jo,

      I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for popping in.

      Blessings!

      Delete
  6. What fun to see all the pictures of your homeschooling day. I love "My Side of the Mountain" too.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Love your friendly comments.